Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Should I get A DSI or psp?

Posted by chey_Zx 
Re: Should I get A DSI or psp?
September 16, 2009 06:32PM
HEN R3 was cancelled at the release of CFWe. And I have 98% success with the tiff exploit. Out of the >100 times I've used it, it has failed <3 times. And that is not a lie.
September 16, 2009 06:46PM
The code is still being made more stable so I would consider it to be another revision i.e R3.

Loads of people were nagging for HENR3 iso support until GEN-A CFW came along if thats what you meant.
September 16, 2009 07:44PM
no, davee said he wouldnt work on ChickHEN any more once CFWe came out, because it had most of the features he had planned, and also, it had an ISO loader, which he was very much against because he is against piracy.
September 16, 2009 08:28PM
hmmm, the last update I've seen about HEN was in june.

Where'd you find out about Davee discontinuing HEN?
September 16, 2009 09:29PM
it was on the DAX forums back when they existed, and I think it was posted on qj.net as well. i definetly read about it on multiple sources.
September 17, 2009 12:00PM
well that sucks, R2 tiff loading is still unstable as hell and you still have to load it if you turn off your psp
September 17, 2009 06:01PM
even with r3, both those things would be true. there is no way for it to be persistant through power offs, and the very nature of the exploit means its unstable. its nothing to do with ChickHEN, its the eggsploit thats unstable.
September 17, 2009 11:11PM
Kinda offtopic but we are talking about hacking a PSP: Is there a way to hack the 5.50 update without a Pandora battery?
September 18, 2009 12:26AM
nope, and in case you ask pandoras doesnt work on psp 3000
September 18, 2009 12:43AM
TopGun96
Kinda offtopic but we are talking about hacking a PSP: Is there a way to hack the 5.50 update without a Pandora battery?

the TIFF exploit supposedly works. if you have a PSP 1000 or 2000, you can mail me your PSP and I'll install a CFW for you and set you up with some good homebrew apps
September 18, 2009 12:46AM
cactusjack901
TopGun96

the TIFF exploit supposedly works. if you have a PSP 1000 or 2000, you can mail me your PSP and I'll install a CFW for you and set you up with some good homebrew apps
LOL, that sounds bogus! :P haha
September 18, 2009 01:36AM
Lol... Yes I have a PSP 1000 (phat) and will my PSP brick if I use the TIFF exploit and something goes wrong? ( yes you are talking to a complete n00b on PSP HB)
September 18, 2009 03:05AM
not if you use JUST the TIFF exploit, installing a CFW, maybe, but it's not as dangerous as it once was. for more info, just contact me on AIM or MSN or something, I'll walk you through the whole process
September 18, 2009 02:38PM
Firstly, i wouldn't send a random person i just met of the internet my psp

Secondly, back to the topic, my friend just got his DSi and so far we both agree it's just a ds with two cameras and a sd slot.
Did DSi come out like march? And yet theres still no games and he cant use the dsiware shop or whatever because he want to use a flashcart and you need to update to use the dsiware store. I figure the DSi homebrew/modding community will come up with a loader for dsiware anyway.
September 18, 2009 06:48PM
TopGun96

No and tiff will NOT work above 5.03. cactusjack is wrong.
September 18, 2009 08:24PM
ahh, sorry, I haven't had to use an exploit since 2.71, and a quick google search (and I mean QUICK) said that it would. Upon further review, it would appear that the exploit is there, but the HEN hasn't been updated to take advantage of it.
September 18, 2009 08:40PM
there is an explot in medal of honour, but the kernel mode exploit HEN uses has been fixed by then, so it cant be "updated". However, there should soon be an eLoader apparently.
September 19, 2009 04:01PM
I advise getting a PSP. Sure, it's not Nintendo, but it's a heck of a lot more powerful.

Also, "sony haters"- you're missing out.
September 19, 2009 08:58PM
Zack
I advise getting a PSP. Sure, it's not Nintendo, but it's a heck of a lot more powerful.

Also, "sony haters"- you're missing out.
Eh, no, not really. lol :P
September 21, 2009 12:40AM
[www.nintendo.co.uk]

Thats what your missing if you get the psp (yawn), nothing particularly interesting and anything interesting we've seen before. Abit like homebrew, but by nintendo (i.e. poop)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login