Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My classic controller seems to go wrong on this game

Posted by Lemonbox 
My classic controller seems to go wrong on this game
September 15, 2009 10:11PM
www.battlefieldheroes.com

Im trying to use the classic controller with this game through a bluetooth connection, PPJoy and GlovePIE and when I start up the game the aiming joystick(Joy2) always receives input to move to the right and down and this also lags all my other controls. Can someone else try this game using the same setup? i've tried recalibrating the controller, through the computer and holding -, +, 1&2 but this hasn't worked either. Post your results if you can.

The game needs to be installed but its requirements are low and its size is no bigger than 400mb(382mb on my pc)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2009 10:12PM by Lemonbox.
Re: My classic controller seems to go wrong on this game
September 15, 2009 10:18PM
i dont have a classic controller or i might have tried it...does the classic controller work well with other games? could there be an issue with the glovepie script?
September 15, 2009 10:27PM
Thats my other problem. My notebook pc is fairly new and i havent had the chance to install any other games that could use joypad input.

I have used several scripts now but they all result in the same way if they even configure with the game controls correctly (i have to press down on the joystick while selecting the input for backward on the game controls in order to set up on the joystick as foward- it sets as say backward Jx (x being a number) and foward as -Jx)
September 17, 2009 12:03PM
I've just installed Assassins creed on my pc and it does exactly the same thing.

Is my wiimote or classic controller bust?
If so i could just borrow my mates and be over with this
September 17, 2009 12:18PM
Just tested my wiimote with a drumkit pie script and mouse control - its working fine so whats wrong with my classic controller?
September 17, 2009 06:02PM
is the classic controller working ok with the wii?
September 17, 2009 06:24PM
No problem on wii - i tested it on starfox 64 so i would have noticed if something was up
September 17, 2009 06:50PM
then there's a problem on your computer. i havent done this before, so i dont know, but is there some sort of calibration program in GlovePIE you could try?
September 17, 2009 07:49PM
hmm... after calibrating my wiimote the something is still giving input to move my camera slightly to the right but not as violently and it doesn't move downward either

I'll try some more things in a sec
September 17, 2009 09:53PM
Its a joystick problem

its just randomly sending input to move to the right and i dont know what the hell is going on anymore X(
September 18, 2009 07:53PM
Just tried my friends classic contoller- apart from the fact that it's better configured, something is still sending input as if i were holding the right joystick to the right
September 18, 2009 10:01PM
is there anyway i can calibrate the classic controller on my pc?

Everytthing says i shouldn't use the windows ways of calibrating my controller
September 18, 2009 10:56PM
Im going to post some images that might help you guys figure out whats wrong - im ready to give up on this so this will probably be my last post unless someone asks me anything directly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 10:56PM by Lemonbox.
September 18, 2009 11:00PM

Ignore the error on the third image- i did that so when im trying to calibrate the controller it doesnt go onto the next page when i fully depress it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 11:01PM by Lemonbox.
September 22, 2009 10:03PM
Well I've now bought a 360 controller which has ended all my problems so can a mod close this thread?

Thank you to the ONE person who even bothered to try and help me with my problem.

Remind me not to come here for tech support.
September 23, 2009 07:07PM
Sorry I couldnt be of more help, but I dont have a classic controller or bluetooth adapter, and I have thus never connected my wiimote to my computer or used GlovePIE. But I'm glad you resolved your issue, sort of.
September 23, 2009 10:03PM
Hey, at least you tried =p
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login