Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LOL, read this

Posted by SifJar 
LOL, read this
September 23, 2009 08:04PM
Apparently the latest version of HBC (the currently unofficial 1.0.4 contained in HackMii Installer Test Version 4) will load upside down if its running on a faksigned IOS. i.e. if you install cIOScorp when you have HBC 1.0.4, or you trucha patch whatever IOS its installed to, it will become upside down and hard to use. It's not clear whether this is a bug or intentional on TT's part, but either way, its kinda funny. I guess we may start getting n00bs asking us why their HBC is upside down, so now you know the reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2009 08:04PM by SifJar.
Re: LOL, read this
September 23, 2009 08:07PM
Aww... I'm on 3.2. Guess I should update soon.
September 23, 2009 08:23PM
I think that'll be OK, I believe it only happens if you have a patched IOS, rather than an original IOS with trucha bug. But I'm not 100% sure. But yeah you should update. Why are you still on 3.2 anyway? Just use WiiSCU to update IOS60 and 61 with trucha and all channels as well, then install a 4.1 wad with wadimport, and you should be sweet.
September 23, 2009 08:50PM
I can confirm that it does not happen if it is loaded with an old unpatched IOS since I also am on 3.2 and it worked normally for me.
September 23, 2009 09:14PM
Sounds like bullshit to me.

Twiizers would never intentionally make their software hard to use for some people.
September 23, 2009 09:50PM
maybe to know if someone has cioscorp or something like that
reminds me of ioscat(is the name right?)
September 23, 2009 10:32PM
Just thought of something, are you talking about the IOS that the homebrew channel runs on or the IOS that the installer uses? I have trucha patched IOS 61 and homebrew channel 1.0.4 works normally for me.
September 23, 2009 10:41PM
I've got a patched IOS that the HBC runs off... Should I hold off on updating?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2009 03:16AM by TopGun96.
September 23, 2009 10:44PM
TopGun96
I've got a patched IOS that the HBC runs off... Souls I hold off on updating?

So do I and the update did not affect me.
September 23, 2009 11:14PM
Well, I read it on GBAFail, from the maker of the latest version of cIOScorp (different versions are made by different people), I guess it could be a load of crap. I dunno. If it is, sorry for misinforming you.
September 24, 2009 12:05AM
TopGun96
You should update your soul as often as possible.
September 24, 2009 01:30AM
I'm tempted to try cIOScrap just to see if this is true =p
September 24, 2009 03:17AM
ninjafish1990
TopGun96
You should update your soul as often as possible.

lol oops... Typing on the iPhone is hard :P

Fixed it
September 24, 2009 03:34AM
lol, I read that, and i was like "What the heck, toppy? I don't wanna know...." lol :D
September 24, 2009 03:48AM
Anyway..... Maybe that's why it is a "test version" and a beta at the same time.
September 24, 2009 05:02AM
so who invented the story of ioscat?
September 24, 2009 07:06AM
I think it was Marcan. Also, I was modding my friend's Wii tonight, and due to the nature of the hacks he wanted (Hey, who am I to stop him, I'll help him along, I just won't do it for myself), I had to use the unnamed software dealing with the Trucha Bug and when it downgraded IOS15, it flipped, so I think it is a bug dealing with either Trucha or ES_Verify, although when an IOS created by *INSERT NAME HERE* was installed, and the IOS15 and 36 were restored to their proper forms, it was fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login