Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New Exploit

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Re: New Exploit
September 25, 2009 06:09PM
bg4545
"Indiana Pwns" has all the regions included in the private folder

Oh, someone said above it was US only. I never bothered to download it, as I have no need of it, and I dont own the game anyway.
September 25, 2009 06:44PM
darklink
yeah bannerbomb wasnt working for some ppl maybe thats why they released that exploit but htey still should have waited though -.-

Why wait? It'll either push back Nintendo's next update while they check their fix on this exploit doesn't kill Wii's (prolonging the life of BannerBomb), or it won't make the next update anyway...

Took them one heck of a long time to finally patch out the Twilight exploit
September 27, 2009 03:49AM
For some reason, I think Indy Pwns will last even longer than the Twilight Hack (we are talking about a 3rd party game, maybe there are some issues to solve before just releasing a update to block it).

Also, there is a hell of a nice reason to use this thing: it works as an last resource to fix a brick if you don't have Preloader or BootMii as boot2. Together with SaveMii, you can autoboot the game and run homebrew.
September 27, 2009 09:19AM
DanielHueho
Also, there is a hell of a nice reason to use this thing: it works as an last resource to fix a brick if you don't have Preloader or BootMii as boot2. Together with SaveMii, you can autoboot the game and run homebrew.

Except you have to leave the Indiana Pwns save file on the Wii to fix the brick.
September 27, 2009 01:53PM
metroid_maniac
DanielHueho

Except you have to leave the Indiana Pwns save file on the Wii to fix the brick.

And have a modchip, and a ripped ISO of the game. (to autoboot a game, you must burn it, having modified the ISO slightly). And there is only ONE type of computer drive that can rip Wii games, so if your wii is bricked, you may not be able to rip it, and would be forced to download it, which I believe is illegal even if you do own the game.
September 27, 2009 02:39PM
metroid_maniac

Exactly like Twilight Hack. I still have it in my Wii for some unknown reason =P

SifJar
And have a modchip, and a ripped ISO of the game. (to autoboot a game, you must burn it, having modified the ISO slightly). And there is only ONE type of computer drive that can rip Wii games, so if your wii is bricked, you may not be able to rip it, and would be forced to download it, which I believe is illegal even if you do own the game.

Still is an possibility. A complicated one, but nonetheless. (Modchips are not that hard to install, and to uninstall, and to rip Wii games, there is a super-duper easier way: using another Wii =) )

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2009 02:40PM by DanielHueho.
September 27, 2009 04:24PM
DanielHueho
For some reason, I think Indy Pwns will last even longer than the Twilight Hack (we are talking about a 3rd party game, maybe there are some issues to solve before just releasing a update to block it).
Bingo. IIRC, Nintendo would have to notify and receive a "green-light" from the publisher (and maybe the developer as well) of LEGO Indiana Jones.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login