Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vote for Link to be the greatest video game hero ever!

Posted by SteelSLasher 
Vote for Link to be the greatest video game hero ever!
October 05, 2009 07:50PM
Gamespot is running an election/competition to see which game hero is THE best, its now down to the last 4 in the semis, mario vs samus (mario will probably win and is winning) and link vs gordon freeman (halflife guy).

Its only around 200-100 votes between gordon and link and if link wins it will be an epic Brawl match for the final (mario vs link).

btw Master Chief lost in the first round to bub from the bubble shooting game from eons ago

[uk.gamespot.com]
VOTE FOR LINK!!!

Reasons to vote for link if you are unsure:
twilight princess allowed homebrew on to the wii (twilight hack)
LoZ has the largest fan base of all franchises
its probably the oldest franchise
it would shutup xbox elitists <- KILLER FEATURE
Re: Vote for Link to be the greatest video game hero ever!
October 05, 2009 10:18PM
I already did. I was tempted to vote for Gordon Freeman, though.
October 06, 2009 11:39AM
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEMAN FOR THE WIN!
October 06, 2009 09:17PM
^ likes freeman's long, hard and black crowbar, lol
October 16, 2009 02:53PM
Announcement: Gordan Freeman is the winner!!!
October 16, 2009 05:45PM
PCfanboy mode: YAY, FREEMAN FOR PRESIDENT

Nintyfanboy mode: YAHHHHH, OH NOES, MARIO LOST
October 16, 2009 09:21PM
DanielHueho
PCfanboy mode: YAY, FREEMAN FOR PRESIDENT

Nintyfanboy mode: YAHHHHH, OH NOES, MARIO LOST
freeman only won because valve actually bothered to post a message to steam users

the true winners are the link fans as 90000 showed up without advertising whereas valve could only widen the gap by only 20000, proves how many valve players actually like freeman

btw, by valve becoming involved in the poll it just shows that they lack belief that their own fans are devoted enough to rally more fans to beat link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2009 09:30PM by SteelSLasher.
October 17, 2009 12:13AM
SteelSLasher
freeman only won because valve actually bothered to post a message to steam users

Care to give a link?

SteelSLasher
the true winners are the link fans as 90000 showed up without advertising whereas valve could only widen the gap by only 20000, proves how many valve players actually like freeman

btw, by valve becoming involved in the poll it just shows that they lack belief that their own fans are devoted enough to rally more fans to beat link

Wait... Something is badly wrong with this argument.
You see, Valve actually cares for their players. They talk with them as if they were "real", and not just a mass of ordinary internet people. Give a visit to the TF2 blog and you will see what I'm talking about. Now please, show me any kind of true relationship, like Valve and -why not - like many other studios keep with the community, in the Nintendo's world.

Besides, C'MON!
1. Just because someone asked me to vote in an stupid poll, means that I will obey with no objections?
2. Does Valve actually bothered with this poll? I mean, again, I didn't saw any kind of public annoncement from them about it, but I did saw some big threads about it over Steam forums.

And finally: seriously, there are Valve fanboys as much as Ninty fanboys over the interwebz. If they didn't bothered with this poll, their problem.
October 17, 2009 09:42PM
DanielHueho
2. Does Valve actually bothered with this poll? I mean, again, I didn't saw any kind of public annoncement from them about it, but I did saw some big threads about it over Steam forums.
There was an alert on Steam URGING all users to vote for freeman, valve used their own content delivery platform to promote a character that they percieved would not win without corporate involvement
October 18, 2009 05:37PM
Internet Poll. Why are you getting so bent out of shape, SteelSlasher?
For what it is worth, I never got a Steam alert about it.
October 18, 2009 06:22PM
PhoenixTank
i did, and it annoys me when people say "its just an internet poll" when it clearly means something to a corporation
October 18, 2009 08:04PM
SteelSLasher
PhoenixTank
i did, and it annoys me when people say "its just an internet poll" when it clearly means something to a corporation
Are you a corporation?
October 19, 2009 01:29AM
SteelSLasher
PhoenixTank
Sure, Valve cared enough to offer 55.8% off all Half-Life games for a bit, but I doubt that Miyamoto, or anyone else that created a featured character, is going to be crying themselves to sleep because of it.
What if the reverse occurred? Do you think Valve devs would be acting like you are? Move on.
October 19, 2009 09:00PM
PhoenixTank
Sure, Valve cared enough to offer 55.8% off all Half-Life games for a bit, but I doubt that Miyamoto, or anyone else that created a featured character, is going to be crying themselves to sleep because of it.
What if the reverse occurred? Do you think Valve devs would be acting like you are? Move on.

i might just ask them
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login