Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Which system menu version is on the disc?

Posted by tankman232 
Which system menu version is on the disc?
October 10, 2009 06:35PM
is there a way to know which system menu version shipped on the wii game disc's? im bricked and need to use a disc to fix it in maintenance mode, or whatever its called, the one where you hold all 4 directional buttons on a gc controller. i was 4.1u, i need to know which games have 4.2u, even if it doesnt work right after that, i can still send it to N without them knowing it was hacked at least. thanks
Re: Which system menu version is on the disc?
October 10, 2009 07:56PM
The highest update pn any current disc is 3.4. There arent any with 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2. What sort of brick is it? Did you not have preloader or BootMii as boot2?
October 11, 2009 05:57PM
no i did not, i had it on my sd thinking that was good enough,i never installed it. but i got banner bricked by a wiiware game wad. yeah yeah, i know. it wont go past the health screen. any word on the nintendo restore disc iso myth?
October 11, 2009 06:08PM
You have got a banner brick, Disc update won't help anyway.
October 11, 2009 11:21PM
nintendo recovery disc is not a myth, but it is illegal, and also would not help you i believe.
October 12, 2009 05:13PM
well, homebrew in its-self is illegal, correct? where might i find the recovery disc?
October 12, 2009 07:40PM
Homebrew is NOT illegal. Team Twiizers take a very... insert adjective here anti-piracy stance!
October 12, 2009 08:46PM
tankman232
well, homebrew in its-self is illegal, correct? where might i find the recovery disc?

Incorrect. Homebrew is perfectly legal. Why would it be illegal? You own the hardware you modify (i.e. install homebrew on), so you are legally entitled to do what you want with it. There ARE illegal conotations with homebrew though, e.g. warez tools (WAD installers, backup loaders etc.). And modchips are illegal, as they are hardware which bypass copy protection. But homebrew software is perfectly legal. However, sharing copyrighted content, e.g. Wii Games, VC/WW wads, System Update WADs, Recovery Disc, is all illegal, because that is infringing copyright.
October 12, 2009 09:33PM
Homebrew is not illegal - you fail at using it.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.