Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IRC Rant!

Posted by scanff 
IRC Rant!
October 17, 2009 10:39PM
Anyone else frustrated with efnet.net!!!!

Today

(1:33:52 PM) irc.easynews.com: (notice) *** Notice -- You need to install identd to use this server. If you have ident installed, ensure you are not blocking port 113 via a firewall. Visit our website for additional assistance at www.easynews.com/irc.

Yesterday

Something about can't connect from a mail server (I was not connecting from a mail server nor the rDNS points to the mail server).

Thursday

Some crap about I was blocked because I was connecting from an open proxy - which was BS.
Re: IRC Rant!
October 18, 2009 05:35AM
What client are you using?
October 18, 2009 09:57AM
pidgin
October 18, 2009 08:10PM
Pidgin was a godsend for me when I realized I could use one app for YIM, AIM, MSN, and multiple IRC networks at once. Unfortunately though, the IRC component is horrible and ends up failing to connect most of the time (be it EFNET or freenode)

In short: I recommend using XChat or mIRC for IRC instead.
October 18, 2009 10:15PM
Thanks Arikado. I have used mIRC but then got a bunch of "please buy" popups after the trial. I also think XChat is not free on Windows. I would switch to linux but I need windoze for work :(
October 19, 2009 01:33AM
I used HydraIRC a while back. Works with windows, and isn't too shabby - might be useful to you.
October 19, 2009 10:28AM
scanff
I also think XChat is not free on Windows.

The official one is not free on Windows, indeed.
BUT X-Chat is open source, and a nice soul came and compiled it for Windows for free:
[www.silverex.org]
October 19, 2009 06:43PM
DanielHueho
scanff
I also think XChat is not free on Windows.

The official one is not free on Windows, indeed.
BUT X-Chat is open source, and a nice soul came and compiled it for Windows for free:
[www.silverex.org]

Thanks Daniel!
October 19, 2009 08:58PM
Yeah, XChat is definitely my favorite.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login