Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

able to sue nintendo

Posted by dddddd 
able to sue nintendo
November 14, 2009 12:01AM
It is illigal for nintendo to brick a sucessfully modifed console after it was modifed. this is an example of maliciously damaging our property. this gives us reason to get nintendo to fix the problem and let us have the homebrew channel back. so who's with me. Look up the law and see i'm right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 12:03AM by dddddd.
Re: able to sue nintendo
November 14, 2009 12:06AM
Why don't you calm your narrow mind down you rumor mongering twelve year old twat.

Yes, you are correct in saying that it is illegal for Nintendo to intentionally damage anyone's Wii console.

However, you fail to take note that Nintendo has not done so. Nintendo has never intentionally bricked any Wii consoles, modified or not.

So instead of trying to flare people's tempers with your bullshit, get your facts straight, and then go outside and get some fresh air and some friends.

You are now permanently banned from the FixMii forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 12:07AM by Arikado.
November 14, 2009 12:19AM
Well put Arikado
November 14, 2009 01:39AM
i'm 13
November 14, 2009 02:35AM
You guys crack me up!
November 14, 2009 02:50AM
dddddd
i'm 13

Arikado
Why don't you calm your narrow mind down you rumor mongering thirteen year old twat.

Yes, you are correct in saying that it is illegal for Nintendo to intentionally damage anyone's Wii console.

However, you fail to take note that Nintendo has not done so. Nintendo has never intentionally bricked any Wii consoles, modified or not.

So instead of trying to flare people's tempers with your bullshit, get your facts straight, and then go outside and get some fresh air and some friends.

You are now permanently banned from the FixMii forum.

Update'd
November 14, 2009 12:55PM
Arikado

what about the 4.2 korean key check brick thingy?
November 14, 2009 12:58PM
i'm not sure about that. there's probably something dodgy about region changing which means that they can legally do it (i.e. maybe region changing is illegal or something?) I dunno though. I am confused about why people ignore that...
November 14, 2009 01:00PM
I don't see while region changing would be illegal. It would say in the terms and conditions before updating if it could only be used on that console.
November 14, 2009 01:11PM
metroid_maniac
Arikado

What? The korean firmware is different from any other firmware because IIRC the hardware is slightly different to. This causes some difficulties with switching region firmwares I believe. However, I've not heard of any problems exclusive to 4.2K

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 01:12PM by Arikado.
November 14, 2009 01:20PM
Arikado
metroid_maniac
Arikado

What? The korean firmware is different from any other firmware because IIRC the hardware is slightly different to. This causes some difficulties with switching region firmwares I believe. However, I've not heard of any problems exclusive to 4.2K
Region changing a Korean Wii is supposed to brick it because 4.2 e, u and j looks for a Korean Key and crashes.
November 14, 2009 01:23PM
metroid_maniac
Region changing a Korean Wii is supposed to brick it because 4.2 e, u and j looks for a Korean Key and crashes.
Well, its impossible to prove if this is intentional or, as I suggested above, merely a compatibility issue. I'm also wondering if you could link me to some proof of this as I've never heard of it before?
November 14, 2009 01:30PM
I don't know where it's from, but there has been no reports of this on 4.1 and below. Just a sec:
November 14, 2009 07:40PM
It has been confirmed by bushing in the comments section on HackMii blog, along with details of the ways to fix it - delete Korean common key from EEPROM, patch System Menu or patch System Menu IOS.
November 14, 2009 08:47PM
So can we sue Ninty for that? That'd be awesome. :-)
November 14, 2009 09:21PM
metroid_maniac
So can we sue Ninty for that? That'd be awesome. :-)
You have to be able to prove that it's intentional or make a strong case that may be intentional and provide proof that Ninty wouldn't help you recover your Wii. Bad coding isn't intentional - and thats what this seems to be.
November 14, 2009 09:51PM
Oh... To me this doesn't look like bad coding though.
November 14, 2009 10:09PM
I dont think they could "accidently" add code to check for Korean Common Key in EEPROM to IOS70, and "accidently" make System Menu 4.2 call that code.
November 14, 2009 10:14PM
SifJar
I dont think they could "accidently" add code to check for Korean Common Key in EEPROM to IOS70, and "accidently" make System Menu 4.2 call that code.
Exactly. That is something that would intentionally brick a Wii. BTW, what is the EEPROM? I'm gessing some sort of Read Only Memory?
November 14, 2009 10:30PM
Electronically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory.

Basically, you can write data to it, and then wipe all of the data off electronically and write data to it again. Sort of like NAND or NOR memory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 10:31PM by WikiFSX.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login