Anyone sucessfully unsing TOR with Wii?
November 20, 2009 08:04PM
I've tried to get TOR working using the Wii (proxy settings) but so far haven't had much success - granted, I haven't given it my all yet....Just wondering if anyone's gotten it to work? Why the heck would you want that, you might ask....well, if we ever get a version of Flash that's newer, I'd be able to finally use Pandora (I'm in Canada, so it's blocked). It would also get the BBC iPlayer channel working outside of the US....
Re: Anyone sucessfully unsing TOR with Wii?
November 21, 2009 12:25PM
well you want to just find the port on your computer that tor is using to listen, and then set the wii proxy setting to connect to your computers local ip and tor port
November 21, 2009 02:31PM
Ya, I've done that - but it didn't work....it wouldn't pass that connection test - I've read that the connection test is a bit flawed when using a proxy.....and again, I've yet to give it my all to fix this since up until the BBC channel got released, there wasn't much point to it.

Anway, if anyone's actually got it working, let me know - if not then at some point, I'll try it again.
November 23, 2009 09:59PM
it prbably fails due to the immense lag behind tor
November 24, 2009 02:37PM
Yep - thought of that...it's possible. That's why I want to know if anyone's gotten it to work....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login