Dsi XL
November 21, 2009 03:48PM
http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=12808

Personally, I won't be getting this. No GBA slot when there's easily enough room.
Re: Dsi XL
November 21, 2009 05:22PM
Meh... To me it looks like a DSi for old people (bigger screen) Perhaps Ninty found a hardware hack that we havent yet. A person can dream cant they?
November 21, 2009 05:29PM
TopGun96
Meh... To me it looks like a DSi for old people (bigger screen) Perhaps Ninty found a hardware hack that we havent yet. A person can dream cant they?

If they have, the people who can do something with it will find it and use it to explore the software and any software hacks should work on both. so in the end, it shouldnt matter too much if there is a blocked hardware hack.
November 22, 2009 04:26AM
The screen's resolution is no higher, it's just bigger.
November 22, 2009 05:30AM
i know, that sucks
November 22, 2009 11:32AM
So will anyone be wanting to buy this? I would IF IT HAD A GBA SLOT. Mother 3 FTW.
November 23, 2009 06:20AM
i maybe will buy it depending on how much money i will have
November 23, 2009 02:44PM
I read it was going to be the same price as the smaller DSi.
November 23, 2009 08:00PM
gameboy13
No, I think it's more. nearing the price of the Wii.
November 23, 2009 10:02PM
metroid_maniac
gameboy13
No, I think it's more. nearing the price of the Wii.
LOL at possible ads:
"Hey blindy, you wanna buy a wii? Well you cant because we're gonna make you buy something smaller than a wii, less fun than a wii and probably a smaller screen than your tv! For how much? EACTLY THE SAME PRICE!!!"
November 24, 2009 12:53AM
I was really trying to reserve commenting here but I can't help myself.

Why wouldn't anyone want larger screens? The DS games look better on larger screens. I'm personally not a fan of eyestrain in order to enjoy every beautiful pixel, but whatever.
November 24, 2009 02:34AM
I agree but a lot of us just bought a DSi and don't want to shell out 200+ bucks for a larger screen.
November 24, 2009 07:23AM
TopGun96
I agree but a lot of us just bought a DSi and don't want to shell out 200+ bucks for a larger screen.

and a pen stlylus(: lol
November 24, 2009 06:41PM
darklink
TopGun96

Well this is supposed to be more of a home handheld console, not too portable. Does anyone else think they sould have brought the last stand of the GBA slot?
November 24, 2009 06:49PM
metroid_maniac
darklink
TopGun96

Well this is supposed to be more of a home handheld console, not too portable. Does anyone else think they sould have brought the last stand of the GBA slot?
I do. The GBA slot is a must.
November 24, 2009 09:58PM
TopGun96
metroid_maniac
darklink
TopGun96

or atleast a ninty flash cart that can load gba games, if ninty did it it would practically kill R4s and the like
November 24, 2009 10:00PM
SteelSLasher
TopGun96
metroid_maniac
darklink
TopGun96

or atleast a ninty flash cart that can load gba games, if ninty did it it would practically kill R4s and the like
Like Ninty would make a flashcart. If they did it'd have DRM. lots of DRM. DRM sucks.

EDIT: anyway the target for this product is kids that don't give a s*** about gameplay, or plot, it's all about GRAPHICS and BIG SCREENS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2009 10:01PM by metroid_maniac.
November 25, 2009 01:26AM
^^ lol I agree kids dont really care about how good the game is just how good it looks.
November 25, 2009 04:17AM
metroid_maniac
EDIT: anyway the target for this product is kids that don't give a s*** about gameplay, or plot, it's all about GRAPHICS and BIG SCREENS.
TopGun96
^^ lol I agree kids dont really care about how good the game is just how good it looks.
Maybe some kids but I'm only 14and personally I could care less how it looks. In fact my favorite homebrew game right now is Helii the one where you press A to go up and don't press it to go down it's very addicting. But then I have some friends who say their favorite console is the PS3 only because of it's "Amazing HD Graphics!!!" so I can see where your getting this.
November 25, 2009 02:52PM
Crisco
In fact my favorite homebrew game right now is Helii the one where you press A to go up and don't press it to go down it's very addicting.
My favorite homebrew game is Particle Accelerator. Try it. It is the most addicting game ever, and my high score is about 2,500. (Beat THAT lol.) But back on topic...

If the DSi XL is going to be the same price as the original DSi, I might get it. (I only have a DS Lite right now)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2009 02:54PM by gameboy13.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login