Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiDoom WAD Question

Posted by corey89 
WiiDoom WAD Question
November 29, 2009 08:39PM
Recently there was an announcement of a new Mega Man WAD being made for Doom

Judging by the info out there now, will this run on the current port or do we need one of the other Doom engine loaders ported?

Here's the WAD announcement and info
Re: WiiDoom WAD Question
November 29, 2009 08:59PM
Why dont you just download it and try it out?
November 30, 2009 12:32AM
"My" Wii is at my girlfriend's place, so I don't have immediate access, or obviously I would.
November 30, 2009 04:53AM
Download PrBoom and try it out. If it doesn't work in PrBoom on your PC, it won't work on the Wii.
November 30, 2009 01:02PM
That site link has a link for the Zdoom forums regarding that wad. Ask them as they'd most likely know for certain or not if it will work.
November 30, 2009 06:41PM
It's not a Doom Mod. It specifically says Doom 2, so NO it's not going to work.
November 30, 2009 11:02PM
scanff
OBJECTION!!! WiiDoom does support Doom II WADs. See: Wiibrew
November 30, 2009 11:12PM
gameboy13
scanff
OBJECTION!!! WiiDoom does support Doom II WADs. See: Wiibrew

Sorry I did not know the Doom 2 was just a modded Doom.

I tried the Mega Man pk3 last night and could not get it working so if anyone does post the success here. There's a bunch of wads inside the pk3 which is basically a zip.
December 01, 2009 02:13PM
I'm going to assume that most likely this wad will never be compatible with WiiDoom if it's been built up for Skulltag in mind. One thing most people dont understand about source ported Doom engines is that not all of them share the same features....Let alone support them.....PRBoom in this case is merely a enhancement upon Boom. Boom was only meant to enhance and fix problems in the original Doom engine, and still retain the old school style of play. PRBoom was sourced off of that, and given a few more features and more optimizations to the Doom code, and still keep the old school style of play. Not to say that it cant handle some custom wads.....Just not ones that exceed it's own limits, and the wad you want to run clearly does just that. That or it uses a feature PRBoom doesnt support.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2009 02:13PM by nightwishfan1.
December 06, 2009 01:35PM
This IS a legit post if you say doom wads lol
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login