Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tantric Genesis Plus GX

Posted by Black_omega 
Tantric Genesis Plus GX
December 04, 2009 06:54PM
I dont know if this is possible or not based on the source code, but I was wondering if Tantric could take Genesis Plus GX and do with that what he has done with NES, SNES, and VBA. Again I dont know if coding the Genesis emulator is extremely different than coding the others, or if the author of Genesis allowed it to be open source or not. Because it would be nice to have all 4 emulators the same.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2009 08:27PM by Black_omega.
Re: Tantric Genesis Plus GX
December 04, 2009 09:11PM
It would be nice... Why don't you contact Tantric?
Re: Tantric Genesis Plus GX
December 12, 2009 06:08AM
If you mean you want it to have a better GUI than what is featured in the latest "official" build, then you should look into compiling the source code of eke-eke's latest revision- it features an excellent GUI and Genesis emulation improvements. There's even a few extra features to make it more like a real Genesis, such as cartridge lock-on compatibility (Sonic and Knuckles, Action Replay, Game Genie...) and cartridge hot-swapping (For that pesky Sonic 3 level select code :P) that you can toggle on and off.

If you meant that you wanted the GUI to look exactly the same style as Tantric's emulators, however, you may be out of luck. I don't think that'd even be considered by him right now; not only because there is already an official enhanced GUI version, but because he is also working on multiple projects as it is...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login