Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could someone pls direct me to a link for NDS HBC?

Posted by elmoreas 
Could someone pls direct me to a link for NDS HBC?
December 22, 2009 03:08AM
I know this is the Wii HBC forums but I have searched yahoo for the DS HBC equivalent and all I can find is gba***p and I would rather not use them, since they allow piracy, or practically do. Is there an equivalent of this place and its wiki for the DS? If so could someone please post a link. Thank you in advance. Have a happy holidays.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
Re: Could someone pls direct me to a link for NDS HBC?
December 22, 2009 03:40AM
December 22, 2009 04:50AM
Thanks, sorry about the wrong place, I thought general was the right place, guess I was wrong.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
December 22, 2009 03:54PM
@ Arikado How much progress has been made with the DSi?
December 22, 2009 04:46PM
Elmoreas: Are you talking about DSi or DS? There is no HBC for either, but for DS you can legally run homebrew via "flashcarts" e.g. DSTT or AceKard 2. On DSi, there are flashcarts available, but they use official game data to work, so are illegal.
December 23, 2009 01:56AM
I was asking about DSi but there is an ACEKART 2i which is supposed to be legal as it uses only DS Homebrew converted to run on the DSi via a flashcart but it is a DS flashcart. I was thinking of getting one but if it is illegal then I am not. Are you sure it is illegal, this 2i is brand new and is supposed to be a legal work around. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Elmoreas
December 23, 2009 12:06PM
I have a 2i, It works perfectly on my DSL and I use it to run my SNES games all the time through homebrew emulators.
December 23, 2009 01:20PM
The i carts are illegal because they do something like use chunks of unlicensed, commercial game code to work.
December 23, 2009 04:29PM
WikiFSX
The i carts are illegal because they do something like use chunks of unlicensed, commercial game code to work.

Actually I believe that some are not. For example, the M3i Zero, Acekard 2i, and I believe the Supercard DSONEi is legal as well.
December 23, 2009 04:48PM
No, all of them are illegal. At least all of the ones working on 1.4 are. Seriously. They all have an official game icon and text, and some of them even play part of the game they mimic when they are updating. They use copyrighted banner code, and are illegal.
December 23, 2009 06:12PM
huh well there goes homebrew on the DSi, I knew I should have got the DSLite. Oh well it does what I want it to and more I just cant get cheat codes and old games via emulators. Not a big loss. Thanks for the input.

Elmoreas
December 23, 2009 06:31PM
I'd say in the not too distant future there will be exploits etc. allowing you to run homebrew from the SD card, akin to Twilight Hack et al on the Wii. And eventually maybe a homebrew channel.
December 24, 2009 07:10PM
Well good thing im on 1.3 then.....
December 24, 2009 07:16PM
TopGun96

Not sure how legal it is even there. Pretty sure I read somewhere there is still something to do with actual games in the bootloader for ALL DSi compatible carts. May just be the name of a game though, which I'm pretty sure would be legal.
December 24, 2009 09:28PM
@SifJar: That's right. Also, the flashcards run in DS mode, not DSi mode.

There is an exploit that lets you run DSi code. Once they figure out how to read the SD card, they will be able to launch stuff.
December 25, 2009 07:44PM
SifJar
TopGun96

Not sure how legal it is even there. Pretty sure I read somewhere there is still something to do with actual games in the bootloader for ALL DSi compatible carts. May just be the name of a game though, which I'm pretty sure would be legal.

Good thing I have a DSL then =p
January 04, 2010 04:05AM
cactusjack901
SifJar
TopGun96

Good thing I have a DSL then =p

Got one of them too.

Let's all hope we can get a legal way of running homebrew on the DSi soon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login