Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Other HBC sites to get LEGIT games?

Posted by elmoreas 
Other HBC sites to get LEGIT games?
January 20, 2010 11:30PM
I was wondering if anyone knew of any safe and legal sites to get LEGIT HBC games, like the ones you can download from HBB?

I know GBAfail has them, but I don't want to use them as they support piracy.

Don't get me wrong this site has tons, I just wondered if there were any other good HBC sites with legit free games that maybe are not on this site? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

EDIT: Opps sorry guess that was the wrong place to put it, my bad. Thought being HBC related but general in nature should go there, didn't think off topic cause had to do with HBC games, sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 12:01AM by elmoreas.
Re: Other HBC sites to get LEGIT games?
January 21, 2010 01:26AM
well tehskeen was a good place but has since shut down..... I have heard that PDroms.de is good. And despite the name, as far as I can tell, there is no illegal junk.
January 21, 2010 02:08AM
TopGun96
well tehskeen was a good place but has since shut down..... I have heard that PDroms.de is good. And despite the name, as far as I can tell, there is no illegal junk.

PD=Public Domain

i.e. homebrew ROMs.
January 21, 2010 02:28AM
Thanks for the info, will check them out and see what they have that is legal. Later.

Elmoreas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 02:28AM by elmoreas.
January 21, 2010 03:10AM
WiibrewWii (http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/) is a good site for Wii homebrew although they DO report on some of the dodgy software (such as the DIP plugin source being available for example) but the vast majority is legit.
January 21, 2010 03:12AM
WikiFSX
TopGun96

PD=Public Domain

i.e. homebrew ROMs.
Didn't know that. Thanks.
January 22, 2010 03:37AM
Ok I checked both sites.

Wii Brew Wii seems like a totally ill-legit place as the first thing that pops up when you get there is the source code for the DIP plug in, plus all kinds of links to other pirate-y stuff. I won't be going there again.

PDroms on the other hand was great. Most of it was available here, but there were some nice homemade homebrew games for the Wii that had pics and good descriptions by them so you could see what you were getting before you downloaded them. I found zero illegal content and overall it was a good site if not a bit basic in design though.

Just thought I would report back on what I found in case others had the same question as I did. Hope this helps. Later all.

Elmoreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login