Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spawn Labs - console slingbox

Posted by scanff 
Spawn Labs - console slingbox
February 05, 2010 09:35PM
Just FYI if anyone is looking for a method to play their wii on their computer. Seems pretty pricey at $200 though.

[www.engadget.com]
Re: Spawn Labs - console slingbox
February 05, 2010 09:37PM
I've always wanted a way to play my wii on my computer, so I could use a USBGecko more easily....But I wouldn't pay $200 for it.
February 05, 2010 10:15PM
Waxy, I don't think you quite understand. This is for remote access to a console over the internet, i.e. you connect your console to it, connect it to the internet, then log into it remotely on a web-enabled computer and play. Wouldn't really be much good for USB Gecko usage, seeing as USB Gecko must be plugged into console and computer. So your computer still needs to be with the Wii.

Anyway, from my reading its for Xbox 360 and PS3, no mention of Wii...

EDIT: On a more thorough read of an article linked to from the one you mentioned, it looks like it would work, it can take and component or composite input.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2010 10:19PM by SifJar.
February 06, 2010 03:06AM
Oh, mah bad. I didn't actually read the article, I just based my post off of scanff's description.
February 06, 2010 01:28PM
A video capture card should do what you want I think and it'd be a lot cheaper too afaik.
February 06, 2010 11:22PM
Not to mention work on more OS's
February 06, 2010 11:33PM
That too. Also, I think even if you wanted the features of this, you could probably roll your own with a custom built PC with a capture card and network connection. Although I'm not 100% sure, it'd probably be pretty difficult.
February 07, 2010 03:40AM
Yeah if you've got a pc with a capture card you could probably find some software or write it that would stream the video out. I think the big thing about this is you can actually play the game, you can control the console with a keyboard and mouse.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login