Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Winter Olympics woohoo!!

Posted by dirtrider73068 
Winter Olympics woohoo!!
February 13, 2010 03:29AM
The winter Olympics kicks off tonight yea! I do feel for the family of the luge contestant that died in training when flew off the track and hit a unpadded metal beam support. I always look forward the Olympics ever time they come around, the stiff competition from all country's is great to watch, anybody else going to watch or watching the opening ceremony's. Bobsled is my favorite, though curling is pretty neat to watch too.
Re: Winter Olympics woohoo!!
February 19, 2010 02:27AM
I just came back form them. Saw the first half of women's luge, womens snowboard cross, and mens hockey finland vs. belarius.
February 19, 2010 03:00AM
Lucky I bet it was really cool being there. I would like to go sometime in my life at least for a couple days or something, the opening ceremony was just fantastic I thought. Did you get to see it live?
February 19, 2010 05:43AM
dirtrider73068
Lucky I bet it was really cool being there. I would like to go sometime in my life at least for a couple days or something, the opening ceremony was just fantastic I thought. Did you get to see it live?

I saw a bit of it on TV, and thought to myself "Wow... that's very...err...Canadian"
February 19, 2010 05:48AM
cactusjack901
dirtrider73068

I saw a bit of it on TV, and thought to myself "Wow... that's very...err...Canadian"
Haha, my thoughts exactly. I found it kind of...boring, actually. Lots of natives dancing around.

I like the actual competitions, though. :D
February 19, 2010 06:04AM
I didn't watch the opening cerimony, but I went out to eat the night the canadian won on mobiles, and the people at the resturant started singing the canadian national anthem
February 19, 2010 06:14AM
WaxyPumpkin72
cactusjack901
dirtrider73068

Haha, my thoughts exactly. I found it kind of...boring, actually. Lots of natives dancing around.

I like the actual competitions, though. :D

Well I mean once the natives got there ditty out of the way, hte rest was pretty good, the guess could say graphics of it all, and how it was planned was good. Though they weren't happy with what it cost, there were protesters against the olympics think I read it was around 1.78 billion total, opening ceremony was 300 million. The compititions have been good, womans downhill has been rough with those wipeouts.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login