Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking to pay a developer to write a small wiibrew app.

Posted by LowBloodSugar 
Looking to pay a developer to write a small wiibrew app.
May 24, 2010 10:27PM
I have a small budget to pay a developer to write a wiibrew app. Because the app would have general interest to the wiibrew community, an open source solution would be fine.

WIIMOTES ----- bluetooth ---- NINTENDO WII ---- networking ---------PC

A wiibrew application that simply reads multiple wiimotes data (wiimote+motionplus+ir) and then broadcasts it to a computer that is connected to the same network as the Wii.

The reason we are not going with hooking the wiimote directly to a pc is that we have noticed that the bluetooth pairing of wiimotes to a pc is somewhat un-reliable and we need something that works reliably.

It would be a simple program but very useful since this would be great relief to people using the wiimote to control computer based software.
OSC would be an ideal connection protocol because it is a standard communication protocol for interaction design. Basically it is a modern day replacement for MIDI and it works over networks.
Re: Looking to pay a developer to write a small wiibrew app.
May 25, 2010 03:41AM
I seem to remember seeing an app like this allready avalable on anothersite. I'll llok it up and see if it is still avalable and post back.
May 25, 2010 06:15AM
This doesn't belong here and you already posted [forum.wiibrew.org]
May 25, 2010 06:38PM
Thanks.
I updated the old post to redirect to this updated thread.
May 27, 2010 06:41PM
This won't work for us because we need motion plus support and (no need for screen sharing). However, this may work for some people depending on their application:

The closest thing i have found so far to what I need is WiiVNC.

[wiibrew.org]

WiiVNC allows remote access to pc using the standard VNC protocol.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login