Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii innards and pests

Posted by Mestizo 
Wii innards and pests
June 25, 2010 10:14PM
I'm not sure of where else to post this. Last night, I brought my Wii in the living room for an all-night game marathon with my sister, her boyfriend, and her friend. The next morning, I go to gather them (Wii, disk binder, 2 Wii Wheels, 2 remotes, 2 nunchucks, 2 classic controllers, a Gamecube controller, and a pistol attachment) together. When I picked up my disk binder, it was swarming with like 20 ants. I pick up the Wii and immediately feel an ant crawling on my fingers.

If an ant can get through the disk slot or ventilation shafts, can it do any damage? I tested the Wii after hooking it up in a room away from the ants, and everything seems fine. Before, I had a PS2 with a disk tray that wouldn't open. In the middle of the phone call with Sony, I saw an ant leaving the ventilation holes, and the disk tray would open and close without a hitch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2010 10:18PM by Mestizo.
Re: Wii innards and pests
June 28, 2010 12:12PM
I don't think they can do much permanent damage. But they might sit in front of a light sensor (explaining the disk tray failure).

Not sure if ants conduct a lot of electricity, but they might so you better clean them out before you power the wii up again. Just to be sure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login