Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another iPhone Topic

Posted by TopGun96 
Another iPhone Topic
July 21, 2010 02:10AM
Sorry to bring up iPhone again but I have a huge problem. I was just using my phone regularly when i pressed the power button to lock it. I then tried to unlock it later and it would not turn on. I held down the button and it showed the apple sign and just turned off. I really need my apps and contacts back. Is there a way to tell what apps have been previously downloaded? I do backup regularly but for some reason it did not backup the apps. I would really just like to fix the phone that wont turn on but at the very least need my paid apps and contacts back. Thanks
Re: Another iPhone Topic
July 21, 2010 06:53AM
You can go to iTunes, and redownload any purchased apps for free. If you can't remember them, just look at your purchase history.
July 21, 2010 08:09PM
Where is the purchase history located? Sorry for being so unknowing on this. Ive been jailbreaking for years but this has never happened. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 08:09PM by TopGun96.
July 21, 2010 08:39PM
Open iTunes, and go to the iTunes store. In the upper right corner, if you're signed in, you'll see your username/name/e-mail or whatever. Click on it, and you'll be asked for your password. Type your password, press enter, and you'll be taken to your account page. In the middle of the page, you'll see a "Purchase History" button. Click that (it can take a minute or two to load).

From there you can see all of your purchased items. You can select the date you want and view the items purchased on that specific date, too. I've had iTunes for a while, I can view my purchases from 2003. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2010 08:39PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 21, 2010 09:04PM
ok thanks i really just need my old phone back though
July 23, 2010 05:01PM
I have fixed the old phone and now just have to go through my iTunes purchase history and find the apps that I really need. Thanks for all the help

EDIT: Almost forgot. Incase anybody else has this problem the solution was to plug the iPhone into the computer and hold down the power and home buttons for a couple cycles of the apple logo. Then iTunes should recognize it as an iPhone that needs restoring.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2010 05:02PM by TopGun96.
August 13, 2010 12:56PM
Since I fixed the old iPhone I now need to redownload my apps. The problem I had a bunch of "Free for a day" apps. If I download them again will it charge me this time?
August 13, 2010 01:08PM
If they're still on your account, no it should allow you to redownload them for free. As far as iTunes is concerned, you paid for them I think.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login