Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do you like the new Homebrew Channel look?

Posted by Sol_Gemerl 
How do you like the new Homebrew Channel look?
July 30, 2010 10:32AM
I really like the new look for the latest Homebrew Channel. It's awesome. The only thing I take issue with is the color scheme. It's black, like the new Wii's that came out. I couldn't complain if the black Wii was the standard, but most of us are rocking the original white Wii's. It feels off to have a black Wii scheme with a white Wii, but maybe I'm just being anal.

Still, it would be nice if the team hooked us up with a new look HBC with a white scheme. Maybe an option to change between a black scheme and a white scheme? That would be perfect. I wouldn't imagine such a thing being terribly complicated. I'm thinking palate swap with a switch somewhere for changing between black and white. But I'm a know nothing no body. Just a thought/request.

What do you think?
Re: How do you like the new Homebrew Channel look?
July 30, 2010 04:57PM
I like it a lot. Much sexier. I have found it to be a tad harder to read everything on my super-small TV, but it isn't too bad. It's a trade off I'm willing to take.

I really enjoy the background, with the "underwater light rays". Very cool.
July 30, 2010 08:51PM
Ooh, sexy. :)

It looks pretty cool. I was just watching a youtube video, I haven't actually installed it yet (my wii isn't hooked up ATM, and I don't use it much anymore).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 08:51PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Hm...
August 01, 2010 08:07AM
You know, the color scheme is growing on me. I quit thinking about it as a black Wii theme and started thinking "deep water". It's darker at deeper depths. When you highlight something it lights up in the familiar color, so hey.

I think too much.
August 02, 2010 12:56AM
I like it too, but like others have said the black darker background blends with words too easy.
August 04, 2010 02:54PM
I like the new design, but I wish the banner had been updated to match it.
August 05, 2010 04:59AM
I love the fact that there's a black theme but maybe the option to switch between them would be good also. My girlfriend loves the white and I dig the black. I also like how when you switch to the rows+column layout and leave, next time you boot it's the way you left it.

I have but two gripes.. (Hopefully you HomeBrew channel devs are reading these)
With some transparent and black fonted logo.png's you can't read the text and I know it's less of an issue with the standard layout but I prefer the row+columns.
I would love more than anything to be able to create my own theme I.E. WiiFlow as I am an artist and a game modder. Maybe someday that could be implemented. If you'd like I can work on theme art assets to help, just email me @ Reroshaggy@yahoo.com

I love what your team has done and thanks for everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2010 05:02AM by reroshaggy.
August 08, 2010 03:54PM
I think TT should make a PC application that allows you to make a custom HBC theme! Then you load it on a HBC app (that they also have to make) and it installs the theme.
August 10, 2010 06:01AM
though i love the new look i really like the 5 apps per page the best
August 14, 2010 07:04PM
So I got deleted huh? :) ok i'll keep it simple, I love the new look nothing wrong with it keep going in this direction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login