Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New jailbreak for all versions of iOS on all iDevices

Posted by SifJar 
New jailbreak for all versions of iOS on all iDevices
August 02, 2010 08:09PM
just wanted to make known to those with iPod Touches/iPads/iPhones: comex (author of Spirit jailbreak) has released a new jailbreak, called JailbreakMe 2.0 "Star". Its incredibly simple to use, simply navigate to [www.jailbreakme.com] on your iDevice and you'll be presented with a screen saying "Slide to jailbreak". Slide the bar accross and after a minute or two a popup will appear saying Cydia has been added to the home screen. And that's it. (This is practically the same as the original jailbreak, which also used the same address, hence this is JailbreakMe 2.0).

Note that some are reporting issues with MMS after jailbreaking with this method, but apart from that, most seems to be fine. You can always restore your iDevice in iTunes if you experience issues. Make sure to sync before trying it. Some are also reporting that when attempting the jailbreak, they get stuck with a purple screen, but simply rebooting and trying again generally seems to work in this instance. Worst case scenario appears to be needing a restore in iTunes.

Also bear in mind, this is now completely legal in the US, due to the new DMCA exceptions. And the simplicity of the jailbreak means people can go into Apple stores and jailbreak all the iPhones and iPads there :P
Re: New jailbreak for all versions of iOS on all iDevices
August 03, 2010 01:55AM
SifJar
And the simplicity of the jailbreak means people can go into Apple stores and jailbreak all the iPhones and iPads there
Heck. Yes.

I am going to do this as soon as I visit the next apple store. :D

This method is pretty awesome.
August 03, 2010 11:08AM
Hopefully I'll be in an Apple store before they release an update to fix this, as I'm sure devices in Apple stores will all be updated as soon as its released...
August 03, 2010 11:35PM
Oh man, this is gonna be fun :3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login