Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need help finding HDD Formatting Software

Posted by elmoreas 
Need help finding HDD Formatting Software
September 02, 2010 07:12PM
Hey guys sorry to be so far off topic but I have a ps3 now as well as my Wii and I want to back up my data on it but it only works with FAT32 devices which with traditional windows software maxes out at 32gb. I was told that you can get 3rd party software that can format larger drives into FAT32 format but I dont know what the are called or how to go about getting them. Could anyone post any info they have on the subject so I can get this software and format this drive and backup my ps3 data. Thanks all, talk to you later.
-Elmoreas.
P.S. Sorry to be so off topic but I don't know where else to turn.
Re: Need help finding HDD Formatting Software
September 02, 2010 09:12PM
Perhaps try Easus software, I believe they have some HDD-related software (I know they make partition managers etc., so I'm guessing there is a formatting tool in there, no point making a partition if you can't format it :p)
September 02, 2010 09:48PM
EaseUS Partition Master is the best tool I can recommend.
September 04, 2010 02:11PM
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys. Once I knew what they were called I was able to find a freeware one. Its called Fat32Formatter by TOKIWA. Anyways its a tiny (228Kb) little file but it worked great and I got my PS3 Data backed up. BTW there is another program that the market is flooded with called swissknife, but it is a virus so if you ever need this type of software don't use that program. Thanks again all. Talk to you later.

Elmoreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login