Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How many tracks in your (digital) music collection?

Posted by DrTwox 
How many tracks in your (digital) music collection?
October 20, 2010 09:38AM
8578 tracks (recently culled a lot of embarrassing stuff!)
999 albums
589 artists
3 weeks 4 days 59 minutes 45 seconds of audio

EDIT: Come on people, 26 views (as of this edit) and not one response? This does relate to homebrew, in specific the homebrew I'm working on - called it research if you like. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2010 08:20AM by DrTwox.
Re: How many tracks in your (digital) music collection?
October 21, 2010 12:19PM
Oh, OK then

9010 songs
904 artists
3 weeks 2 days 5 hours 16 minutes 4 seconds of audio
October 24, 2010 10:46AM
*Insert over 9000 joke here*

0 songs
0 artists
0 weeks 0 days 0 hours 0 seconds of audio.

:P
October 24, 2010 09:13PM
1 song
1 artist
0 weeks 0 days 0 hours 210 seconds of audio

...but it's on repeat 24/7 baby!
October 26, 2010 01:19AM
I'll gladly contribute... but how did you guys get the duration of all songs you have combined?

4852 Songs
36 Artists
248 Albums (does not include all songs however)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 02:11AM by Kammesennin.
October 26, 2010 08:32AM
Thank to the people who provided serious answers. :)

My duration of all songs comes from the homebrew I'm working on - but I've seen it in other media players like Amarok and Foobar.

I should have made the point in the original post that this wasn't some silly e-peen competition; I'd like some stats from the community I'd presume would use my app.
October 26, 2010 05:47PM
DrTwox
Thank to the people who provided serious answers. :)

My duration of all songs comes from the homebrew I'm working on - but I've seen it in other media players like Amarok and Foobar.

I should have made the point in the original post that this wasn't some silly e-peen competition; I'd like some stats from the community I'd presume would use my app.

Seeing as we don't know what the app is, we don't know whether we'd use it or not. Personally I have no real digital music collection, as I listen to music on Spotify/GrooveShark a fair bit.
October 30, 2010 04:10AM
579 tracks
323 albums
327 artists
2.6 days of audio.

I got these numbers from my iTunes library. It should be noted that this includes things that are not songs, such as podcasts and audio books.
October 30, 2010 01:06PM
I'm too lazy to go through my mp3 collection, since they're all mixed in with music only my mom, or my dad, or even my sister listens to, and I haven't commited myself to making playlists. But I'll give you my numbers regarding a list I made with videogame chip emulated songs (SPCs, PSFs, GSFs... that sorta thing):

725 tracks
??? albums (I haven't fiddled with Winamp's Media Library after formatting twice... too much work for me)
??? artists (ditto)
29 hours, 56 minutes, 24 seconds

I would seriously ammount to even more songs if I were to add all of my mp3s, or even adding my family's songs to the batch... but as I said, I don't really feel like separating my songs right now, and I don't listen to 90% of the songs my family listens to. Well, to be honest, I think I'd only get about double what I already have right now and that's it. I don't tend to become to attached to music I seldom hear (since I have a small capacity HDD).

May I inquire on what kind of app are you working with? If it's another media player... would it be too much to ask for videogame sound chip emulation =P ? So far, it hasn't been done... properly at least (DragonMedia Player was the only one I found capable of doing so, but I'm not so sure since I never EVER got it to work, and the author seems to abandon the project long enough for it to be considered deletion worthy, comes back before it gets killed, releases an irrelevant update and goes away).

I think I've gone on too much and strayed way out of topic. I'll shut up now.
October 30, 2010 05:22PM
my answer was serious, i just upgraded stuff...

iTunes will tell you too the running total of your songs too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 02:44AM by mdbrim.
October 31, 2010 02:05AM
2,431 items

6.3 days of listening time

11.9 GB

Man, I haven't posted in a while......
October 31, 2010 10:15AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Man, I haven't posted in a while......

Yeah, I noticed. Not that you know me, or I know you, but you always seemed to post before I ever got the chance, heh... (sorry for straying a bit from the topic).
October 31, 2010 11:54PM
1720 songs
5.9 days
11.12 GB
iTunes Library :D
November 01, 2010 12:19PM
Magil
May I inquire on what kind of app are you working with? If it's another media player... would it be too much to ask for videogame sound chip emulation =P

Sorry, but it probably would be to much to ask at this stage! Currently I only support Vorbis, FLAC, mp3, mp4/m4a, Musepack, Apple Lossless, WavPack, True Audio and Shorten - i.e. Formats with embedded metadata and an open source decoder library that can be ported to the Wii.
November 19, 2010 10:20PM
20,000 flac files (roughly)
1961 releases (EPs, albums and singles)
530 GB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2010 10:22PM by Kojigrove.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login