Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Homebrew Rss Feed Sign-up

Posted by aujakev 
Wii Homebrew Rss Feed Sign-up
January 08, 2011 05:31PM
PC too slow?
Homebrew Browser takes to long to just to see whats new?
Like getting Wii-Mail?

Then get the Latest Homebrew Releases Information send right to your Wii!

Simply add
wiibrewrssfeed@gmail.com

To your Wii's Address Book and your set!

Q & A
##############################################################################################
Q: What is a Rss Feed?

A: "RSS (most commonly expanded as "Really Simple Syndication") is a family of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated works—such as blog entries, news headlines, audio, and video—in a standardized format."
- Wikipedia

Q: Will i be able to download homebrew from this?

A: No, You Will Not Be able to download Homebrew, use Homebrew Browser to download homebrew directly on your wii

##############################################################################################

*Please note this is still beta and i am still working out the kinks
Re: Wii Homebrew Rss Feed Sign-up
January 08, 2011 06:10PM
This is a very good idea. It'd be amazing if someone could find a way to download the stuff...but I reckon that's unlikely to ever materialize. It's still pretty epic. You could make a WiiBrew download channel, and have it launch from the mail (I think that's possible), but it'd be very hard to code I think. Trying to parse all the WiiBrew pages for download links...
Re: Wii Homebrew Rss Feed Sign-up
January 10, 2011 04:11AM
Same thing can be done with WC24 HTTP mail, like svn libwc24 wc24app feature to install mail entries for wiibrew news/releases, and hackmii. For wiibrew mail that is hosted on mha's server, but the cronjob which grabs the main page html hangs at 100% cpu when it fails to connect. No idea why that would hang, but that wiibrew mail is outdated.
Will be a very _long_ time before this updated libwc24/wc24app is released, haven't worked on Wii stuff in months, just DSi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login