Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Conker's Bad Fur Day wii theme

Posted by technoman 
Conker's Bad Fur Day wii theme
February 21, 2011 10:59PM
I was wondering is there a Conker's Bad Fur Day Wii theme? I would prefer it better than Darkwii or something. Also how hard is it to install and if I need brick protection how do I use Bootmii?
Re: Conker's Bad Fur Day wii theme
February 21, 2011 11:03PM
Most Wii themes are illegal (including DarkWii) and therefore cannot be discussed here. This is because they redistribute modified copyrighted Nintendo content.

There are legal themes, but not many.
February 24, 2011 02:42AM
Thank you. I did not know that. Won't ask about that again in the future.
February 24, 2011 07:42PM
You can legally make themes with tools like ThemeMii, found here: [www.wiibrew.org]

You can replace images etc. from the System Menu with that tool, and this is legal. It is themes with BRLYT edits (i.e. themes that change lots of colours or layouts) that are illegal to redistribute (but not to make and use personally)
February 24, 2011 08:14PM
Thank you. BTW what is a BRLYT edit and would I be able to make this pic into a background? It is a .jpg

Also how do I use Bootmii so I don't brick my Wii and what is .NET Framework 2.0 cuz it says that's required?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2011 08:16PM by technoman.
February 24, 2011 08:23PM
Basically, make a Bootmii/Boot2 NAND backup before installing the custom theme on your Wii. .NET Framework is just a bunch of DLLs that mean some applications that share functions just have them installed in one place, rather than in each individual application (I think) to save space.
February 24, 2011 08:30PM
metroid_maniac
Basically, make a Bootmii/Boot2 NAND backup before installing the custom theme on your Wii.

Ok how do i do that? Or am I not allowed to ask that question? Also once I get the .NET Framework 2.0 does my PC always have to be connected to the Internet?
February 24, 2011 08:36PM
Your PC doesn't have to be connected to the internet. And provided you have Windows XP or later, you already have at least .NET Framework 2.0 (probably a higher version).

And to make a BootMii NAND dump: Install BootMii with the HackMii Installer, then boot it (reboot the Wii), use the reset/power buttons to navigate to the NAND dump option and wait for it to complete.

As for making the theme: BRLYT edits are editing BRLYT files. BRLYT files handle the layouts of the images in the System Menu and colours used. I haven't messed with themes much, it MIGHT be possible to do what you want. You probably have to convert the image to PNG though.
February 24, 2011 08:44PM
How do I convert it to PNG? The only way I can get to Bootmii is if I run it through HBC. Once there do i pick the one under settings that looks like a computer chip with a green arrow?
February 24, 2011 09:00PM
That means you can only install it as IOS, and it is no good as brick protection, and will not help at all if you install a bad theme.
February 24, 2011 09:21PM
So how do I install it? I think I used a boot2 (if that's what v0.8 is) with the Hackmii Installer when I loaded Smash Stack from an SD card.
February 24, 2011 10:15PM

I think I used a boot2 (if that's what v0.8 is) with the Hackmii Installer when I loaded Smash Stack from an SD card.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense I'm afraid...

You don't "use" a boot2. boot2 is part of the Wii's System Software. It is the bit which loads the System Menu. BootMii can be installed as a replacement for boot2, which allows you to run BootMii when you turn the Wii on, instead of System Menu (you can also choose to autoboot to System Menu by default).

Only older Wiis can install BootMii as a boot2 replacement (commonly referred to as BootMii/boot2), because Nintendo fixed the flaw which allowed this on newer Wiis. On these Wiis, BootMii can only be installed as an IOS, and can only be loaded from with HBC. If you have a Wii bought in the last ~2 years, you probably cannot install BootMii/boot2.

The HackMii Installer will tell you whether or not you are able to install it as boot2.
February 27, 2011 07:48PM
It won't let me load it. How do I install priiloader instead?
February 27, 2011 08:33PM
Download the prilloader installer. run it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login