Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Wiibrew Wiki HackMii Blog

Advanced

Rooting a android phone

Posted by dirtrider73068 
Rooting a android phone
April 01, 2011 06:43PM
I have my first android run phone, I can say its taken some time to figure it out. I have found also that you can root them kinda like exploiting the wii, run a custom rom on the phone to do stuff to it that the factory has locked or limitations on. Like make the cpu faster, increases battery life, get paid apps fore free from a different market, increase volume output. Does anybody know about this and how hard is it to do? If I hacked my wii can I root a android phone or should leave it up to somebody that knows what they are doing, since it did say you can brick the phone and make unuseable.

What are the real benefits to rooting ? I did google it but kinda hard to understand what they are talking about and most just talked about how to root.
Re: Rooting a android phone
April 01, 2011 07:41PM
Getting paid apps for free is against the law in pretty much whatever country you live in.
BTW, I have an Orange San Francisco, rooted with universal androot.
April 02, 2011 03:03AM
April 02, 2011 07:44AM
When you have rooted our device you can use other apps such as
Titanium Backup, which allows you to perfectly backup all your application data, which makes it easy to switch to a new new phone
Adfree Android, which blocks adverts in all apps, including "lite" versions of apps
Droidwall, which allows you to select which apps can have Internet access.
Wireless Tether, which allows you to share your mobile internet, even if you don't have Android 2.2

And you can install custom roms. Say your manufacturer has decided to stop providing updates for your phone, leaving it on Android 2.1. You can install a custom rom for Android 2.3, and get all the new features. What's more, this removes all the annoying branding on your phone.

A lot of Root apps can be found directly on the Android Market, but they still need root to work.

What phone do you have?
April 02, 2011 03:22PM
I have the motorola comet or otherwise the huwaei ideosu8150 I think it was, tmobile rebranded as a comet. I haven't found much on rooting it.
April 02, 2011 07:08PM
Hmm. Well, rooting it should be fine with Universal Androot but I don't know about Custom ROMs.
April 02, 2011 08:49PM
I have seen a vid of a guy useihttp://speedtest.co/videos-rooting-the-android-comet-%5BUzGKiJnaTW8%5D.cfmng the z4root and how he did it, I think thats the universal root read it it was a one click root.
April 02, 2011 10:11PM
Oh yes, it's very easy to root an android device. It goes like:
Install Universal Androot
Open it
Tap the root button
Uninstall Universal Androot.
That easy.
April 02, 2011 11:54PM
Well I need to dig deeper then if its that easy then I could do that myself from the sounds of, I mean if I hacked my wii and got it working pretty good, I am sure I can handle this.
April 03, 2011 02:19PM
April 22, 2011 08:01AM
note that rooting doesnt allow custom roms, you need to unlock the bootloader for that. not sure if that tool will do this or not.
April 28, 2011 08:40AM
I don't think Universal Androot unlocks the bootloader.
April 28, 2011 09:33PM
May 23, 2011 06:08AM
me too had this doubt
August 18, 2011 12:38AM
August 30, 2011 05:19AM
Xplorer4x4 You gave really nice reviews and information.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login