Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Warranty Coverage and Wii

Posted by G.G. 
Warranty Coverage and Wii
May 10, 2011 07:25AM
I am planning to install homebrew sometime soon but I am well aware of the warranty thing. How long does the Wii warranty last?
Re: Warranty Coverage and Wii
May 10, 2011 07:32AM
I believe the warranty lasts one year from when you purchased the Wii.
May 10, 2011 05:14PM
I see I can install homebrew then and can use a 256 MB card?
May 10, 2011 08:36PM
Yeah it should work.
May 11, 2011 12:20AM
I'll try that out and thank you about the warranty information.
November 22, 2011 12:53PM
Indeed this is really nice.
November 22, 2011 06:48PM
Stop bumping old topics with no meaningful contribution Alvin2.
November 22, 2011 07:02PM
SifJar
Stop bumping old topics with no meaningful contribution Alvin2.
Already banned. Just spam.
February 24, 2012 10:59AM
I read that the wii coverage doesent cover your wii when u install hombrew on it. But if you look it up the coverage works because it is not a hardware modification.
February 25, 2012 01:07AM
Regardless of whether it's software or hardware, it's still an unauthorized modification.
May 02, 2012 04:08AM
ok so i've got a question that i haven't yet seen anybody ask in a public forum, but must have an answer due to the fact that others MUST have encountered my situation in the past. (made an account simply to ask lol)

So, i fully bricked my wii. don't remember how, i think it was from downgrading to an earlier firmware unsuccessfully. at any rate, it is a full brick undoubtedly.
I contacted ninty claiming that the brick occurred after conducting a system update and they said they would repair my wii free of charge, regardless of the fact that my warranty had expired. this was good news.

which brings me to my question:
when nintendo receives my wii, will they repair it or replace it? AND!, if they repair it as i suspect they will (as opposed to the costly persuit of replacing it), will it be returned to me reset to factory specs (the firmware that came on it when i initially purchased it)? OR will it be returned to me bearing the most up-to-date system menu (4.2 or w/e is newest)?
May 02, 2012 04:19AM
nilfordbixler
ok so i've got a question that i haven't yet seen anybody ask in a public forum, but must have an answer due to the fact that others MUST have encountered my situation in the past. (made an account simply to ask lol)

So, i fully bricked my wii. don't remember how, i think it was from downgrading to an earlier firmware unsuccessfully. at any rate, it is a full brick undoubtedly.
I contacted ninty claiming that the brick occurred after conducting a system update and they said they would repair my wii free of charge, regardless of the fact that my warranty had expired. this was good news.

which brings me to my question:
when nintendo receives my wii, will they repair it or replace it? AND!, if they repair it as i suspect they will (as opposed to the costly persuit of replacing it), will it be returned to me reset to factory specs (the firmware that came on it when i initially purchased it)? OR will it be returned to me bearing the most up-to-date system menu (4.2 or w/e is newest)?

I plan to also post this question as a new topic in hopes of receiving a swift answer. if that warrants a post deletion, so be it and sorry for the double post.
May 02, 2012 05:47AM
They will replace it. It is impossible for them to repair a wii that has been fully bricked in the way you describe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login