Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Disk Defrag

Posted by technoman 
Disk Defrag
June 16, 2011 05:31PM
My computer is too cluttered and needs a disk defrag. I was wondering if it's safe to defrag my computer with the roms and other emulators on it? I really don't feel like re-downloading 2000 roms after the defrag messed them up.
Re: Disk Defrag
June 16, 2011 06:55PM
Defragging won't damage any of your files unless you use a terrible defrag utility. I use the one built into Windows personally and it works just fine for me.

But don't talk about downloading ROMs, I thought you'd been here long enough to know that...
June 16, 2011 09:45PM
SifJar
Defragging won't damage any of your files unless you use a terrible defrag utility. I use the one built into Windows personally and it works just fine for me.

But don't talk about downloading ROMs, I thought you'd been here long enough to know that...

I used the built-in windows defrag and sorry about the download comment. So now to defrag my pc, thanks SifJar!
June 17, 2011 02:54AM
What version of Windows are you running? If its XP, the built in tool is terribly slow. I recommend Auslogics Disk Defrag: [download.cnet.com] If you are running Vista or higher, defragging happens automatically in the background.

SifJar

Since when is saying that you've downloaded ROM's against the forum rules. Last I checked, it is fine as long as you aren't posting links.
June 17, 2011 09:00AM
To quote the BIG RED LETTERS on the front page:

Discussion of WADs, Backups, ROMs, loaders, cIOS is NOT ALLOWED! NO PIRACY!

Doesn't say discussion of ROM sites, or discussion of where to downlaod ROMs, just any discussion is NOT allowed.
June 18, 2011 01:49AM
SifJar
To quote the BIG RED LETTERS on the front page:

Discussion of WADs, Backups, ROMs, loaders, cIOS is NOT ALLOWED! NO PIRACY!

Doesn't say discussion of ROM sites, or discussion of where to downlaod ROMs, just any discussion is NOT allowed.

That seems to contradict this thread: [forum.wiibrew.org]
June 18, 2011 11:33AM
That thread doesn't contradict what I said at all. As said in that thread, we don't want discussion of commercial ROMs AT ALL. The only real exception is when talking about a specific emulator not working with a particular game. Even then no reference should be made to downloading ROMs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login