Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Letter from Nintendo

Posted by travisisgood 
A Letter from Nintendo
January 07, 2009 05:55AM
So, I downloaded Mario Kart to try out on my newly homebrewed wii, and that resulted in an email to me (or should i say my mother because the internet is in her name - which then resulted in a bitchfest...). It basically stated that i violated some laws and stuff, and that i have to delete the file or I'll be charged. Is this anything to worry about? I have gotten letters like this before from movie companies because i like to download - with no consequence might i add. So, is this a big deal, or is this just an empty threat like the ones from the movie people? AND, if it is a big deal, what can i do to prevent this in the future, or should i just start buying games like a model citizen?

Any help would be appreciated!
Re: A Letter from Nintendo
January 07, 2009 06:03AM
you should buy your games/movies/anything else that costs money.
January 07, 2009 06:05AM
thanks, but in the mean time, should i be worried about that whole letter thing?
January 07, 2009 06:08AM
probably
you shouldn't have downloaded it in the first place
January 07, 2009 04:25PM
yeah, thus is the problem with piracy... If you can't do the time, don't do the crime...haha

mods, you should keep this topic here as an example...
January 08, 2009 02:51AM
Rinse, lather, and don't repeat. You can usually find a good deal on legal games around the internet somewhere.
January 08, 2009 03:11AM
Please scan it and insert it as an image
January 08, 2009 04:50AM
You got the letters because you were distributing copyrighted material. You're lucky you didn't get any legal action taken against you--some companies will actually follow through with their threats.

Also, no piracy talk here. I'm leaving this topic as an example, but be aware before your post again.

And locked.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.