Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Next generation consoles

Posted by Manoau2002 
Next generation consoles
January 18, 2009 02:53PM
I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about a new Nintendo, Sony playstation, or Microsoft x-box set to come out in the future. They have all been out for awhile now so I figure in the next year or 2 it will likely happen. (also handheld consoles)
Re: Next generation consoles
January 18, 2009 03:25PM
I have heard that by then end of this year, Sony is supposed to be coming out with a comepletly redone psp. It won't be andother revision of it like "PSP-4000" or anything, it will be PSP 2.
January 18, 2009 04:34PM
We wont hear about new consoles until at least E3 next year. At that point it will still be another 2 years until they are released. So I'd safely 3 years until we have the next set consoles in our hands. I still enjoy my Wii and PSP so I dont even want to think about upgrading to next generation systems yet :p
January 18, 2009 05:12PM
I am curious to know what the Xbox 360 has on its hands. I absolutely hate Microsoft for reasons that if you want to know PM me as this isn't a ranting topic, so I want to know IF when they are going to ditch the system and upgrade or kill it off. Microsoft has lost over 4 billion dollars on the entire project and still has yet to give up. Personally I see an introduction of a major wii update. Like Arikado said, I like my wii and psp too but their is unlockable potential in almost every system.
January 18, 2009 08:51PM
There's some rumors about a "HD Wii", a prototype from Nintendo that includes high-end processor with the Wii controls. All the companys are, by now, already planning on their next consoles (maybe Sony is a exception; they're still waiting for the "PS3 year" =P )
January 18, 2009 09:14PM
a HD Wii would be great... It is the only system of its generation that doesn't do blue-ray... heck, it doesn't even do DVDs without "our" help!
January 19, 2009 03:51PM
I see nintendo releasing some type of HD Wii but I don't see blu-ray. Nintendo's philosophy is to keep the system cheap and affordable. The lower end hardware the Wii has in it right now has allowed Nintendo to make money of of just the console.
January 27, 2009 07:48AM
DrLucky
a HD Wii would be great... It is the only system of its generation that doesn't do blue-ray... heck, it doesn't even do DVDs without "our" help!
Movie playback was never the point, although it's certainly interesting they coded it anyway.

Since when does X360 do Blu-ray?
January 27, 2009 03:47PM
HyperHacker
DrLucky
Movie playback was never the point, although it's certainly interesting they coded it anyway.

Since when does X360 do Blu-ray?

DVD playback was part of the point at one time...someone posted here some pics a while back showing that the Wii still has some images in it pertaining to DVD playback on the Wii

you can buy a blu-ray expansion drive for the 360... people were using those as PC computer drives too since they were cheaper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2009 03:55PM by DrLucky.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login