Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

World Of Warcraft HOMEBREW GAME CHANCE

Posted by croalx 
Re: World Of Warcraft HOMEBREW GAME CHANCE
May 27, 2009 07:57PM
Confused me on that one... Not sure what you mean.

I know it might be difficult to prot the Java, but it might be worth a shot. You can use what you learned to port WoW...
May 27, 2009 11:09PM
You were talking about Javascript (which is kinda ported, thanks to spidermonkey) and Java as if they were the same thing, is all.
May 27, 2009 11:17PM
To stop this confusion, people should stop calling it JavaScript (and do not forget, that there is also JScript) and start calling it ECMAscript
May 28, 2009 01:16AM
Unfortunately that is almost as inaccurate as confusing the previous two. Javascript, Jscript and Actionscripts are just various implementations of the ECMAscript spec.
Since this thread is a mess anyway, is it bad that we drift off topic? :P
May 28, 2009 02:55AM

PhoenixTank
Unfortunately that is almost as inaccurate as confusing the previous two. Javascript, Jscript and Actionscripts are just various implementations of the ECMAscript spec.

ECMAScript is the language. Javascript, Jscript and Actionscript just add a default library.

EDIT:
After some reading about it, I realised, that I was wrong. ECMAScript & Javascript are not the same language.

Let the Java-confusion continue :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2009 02:50AM by daniel_c_w.
May 28, 2009 03:23AM
Okay... now we are arguing semantics, and that is going to go nowhere :P
May 29, 2009 02:42AM
[deleted bu author]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2009 02:49AM by daniel_c_w.
May 31, 2009 12:51AM
Will newer versions of WoW be compatible with the older computers? If they aren't then why would Blizzard waste their time making a universal binary when it can only be run on the Intel Macs?
May 31, 2009 02:06AM
Look at how many views this thread has gotten compared to the other ones. :O

Haha, its even gotten more views than the rules on posting in the application section
!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2009 02:09AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
August 03, 2009 12:35AM
Alright, Since this is about Warcraft, and the idea of an RTS on Wii, I have a little information to share with you all. If you get your hands on DOSbox Wii 0.72 or later, It is possible to play Warcraft and Warcraft 2. The multi player on this will not work because I dont belive DOSbox supports IPX/SPX Networking. I have played both of these Warcrafts successfully on my wii. Using the Wiimote as a mouse and my Wireless USB Keboard for my PC. You will need to modify the DOSbox Config file in the DOSbox folder on your SD card.

Here is what you need to change.

CPU = Auto or 486_slow
Memory = 32
Systemtype = SVGA_S3 or SVGA_Paradise
Cycle = 13300 <---this is your cpu cycles per second.

Once you have made these changes launch DOSbox.

You should have Warcraft or Warcraft 2 already installed on to one of your media devices because DOSbox does not have support for the Wii DVD drive. Taking your Warcraft or WAr2 folder and having it on a SD card or Thumb drive works well.

I personally have a thumb drive <8GB PNY USB2.0>

Mount the thumb drive as a drive letter and navigate to the path of your warcraft game, then use Setup.exe

Configure your sound and music devices. Sound Blaster or Sound Blaster Pro is the best option for the current emulation. IRQ7 DMA1 and Address 220. This will only be different if you change your SET BLASTER Environment.
Then just save and exit and run the games executable.

Warcraft = War.exe
Warcraft 2 = War2.exe

Have a blast. if your computers occupied or running scans, then you can still play Warcraft. Also, this works for MANY other dos games. If your having some latency issues you can change your FPS and sound skipping by using
CTRL +F7, CTRL+F8, CTRL+F11, or CTRL+F12.

No i'm not a coder however, I know DOS and NEtworking Very well, so I will be willing to help where I can.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login