Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cios/Patchmii/IOS36/IOS249/IOSPatcher:

Posted by ninjafish1990 
Cios/Patchmii/IOS36/IOS249/IOSPatcher:
February 17, 2009 06:41AM
I use Backup Launcher' ISO, which I think is IOS249.
I tried to use a cios on WiiBrew's site, which was patchmii, (which is supposed to "download IOS36 from the Nintendo update servers, patch it, and install it as IOS249"). As a result one particular app ceased to work as it is intended. So I essentially downgraded to what I had and started over
Today I (think I) learned you can patch the game iso's themselves, with Waninkoko's IOS patcher (v1.1), have yet to try that, will try tomorrow morning.
Am I even close to what's supposed to be happening?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 07:42AM by ninjafish1990.
Re: Cios/Patchmii/IOS36/IOS249/IOSPatcher: Using Backup Launcher.
February 17, 2009 06:45AM
Backups are not condoned here on wiibrew. The patchmii cios doesn't have backup support...
Re: Cios/Patchmii/IOS36/IOS249/IOSPatcher:
February 17, 2009 06:48AM
bg4545
Backups are not condoned here on wiibrew. The patchmii cios doesn't have backup support...
Thank you, that solves one problem.

Also is this an illegal topic (for the forum). I'm not trying to get info on how to run backups or the any illegal app im getting info on the IOS's themselves (which are technically illegal in and of themselves aren't they? just wondering).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 07:43AM by ninjafish1990.
Re: Cios/Patchmii/IOS36/IOS249/IOSPatcher: Using Backup Launcher.
February 17, 2009 06:55AM
Well you did admit to using the backup launcher...
But I guess it's for the mods to decide.
February 17, 2009 07:35AM
bg4545
Well you did admit to using the backup launcher...
But I guess it's for the mods to decide.
\
True, but I did not request:
"Information about how to run or make backups/copies of Wii discs."
Which is the only mentioned use of backup illegality in the rules and guidelines.

Technically, I dont think it should be illegal, because im requesting information about IOS's and compatibility with an app, but of course you are right it is up to the admin/mods.
I don't think i should be banned, if indeed this is found illegal, i think the post should be deleted, and for future problems the rules be modified..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2009 07:41AM by ninjafish1990.
February 17, 2009 02:02PM
this is probably a grey area, but I definitely see your point...you want IOS info.

Also, the Backup launcher isn't that hush hush here... it is mentioned in all of the homebreware complaints and issues, still shown in the trash bin, ect....
February 17, 2009 03:03PM
DrLucky
this is probably a grey area, but I definitely see your point...you want IOS info.
Yes, all I have been getting is ridicule for my topic (granted its been here for less then 12 hours), but IOS info would be nice, I'm semi new to the wii scene and new to soft-modding, I have only chipped before and some other modifications (hdd and what not). So I don't know exactly what I need to do to with the IOS's and what to change...
February 17, 2009 03:03PM
We dont support the backup launcher here so its against the rules to aid you with an IOS problem that will help only the launcher. Im going to review this topic with the admins and make sure that the rules are clear enough.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.