Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help Please - Cant play new Games - Need help with emulators (C64, N64 etc through HBB)

Posted by wantsmoregames 
1. Basically I have Homebrew installed and now I cant play new games - rugby league 3 etc as its senses I have homebrew on it. How can I update? I have 4.2U?

2. When I go to the wii shop, it wants me to do an update through wii. I have heard this will render Homebrew useless if not wipe it all together (obviously i dont want either of those to happen). What a way around this?

3. I have just installed the Homebrew Browser and downloaded the C64 emulator. How do I now install games so I can play them and where do I get the games from etc.

Your help with this would make me chuffed :)

Thanks y'all.
Re: Help Please - Cant play new Games - Need help with emulators (C64, N64 etc through HBB)
July 04, 2010 10:18AM
1. Games can't "sense" that you have homebrew. If you're on 4.2, you shouldn't need to update, but run your game with Gecko OS to bypass the update.

2. Use WiiSCU to update your Wii Shop without updating anything else.

3. We can't help you with finding ROMs here.
thanks for your reply.

Ok so WiiSCU worked the treat now....

Gecko is used if I actually have the disc to run the game from correct?

Hyperthetically, If I am trying to run a game from an external hard drive through USB Loader, what would i need to play the new games stored on that drive?
Re: Help Please - Cant play new Games - Need help with emulators (C64, N64 etc through HBB)
July 04, 2010 12:07PM
USB/Backup Loaders are not supported here. Neither is piracy. I suggest you buy the games.
Yes you need a retail game disc to use Gecko OS.

That being said...
*Closes Topic*
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.