Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Absolute 100% newb. Where to start?

Posted by davidmullinsdvm 
Absolute 100% newb. Where to start?
February 11, 2011 01:58AM
I have had my wii for 2 years now, and somehow I just now discovered homebrewing. I have been trying like crazy to figure out how to do this, but every website or youtube video I find seems to be 2 steps ahead of me already. Please, point me in the direction of a "From Step 1" tutorial. I have Lego Indiana Jones already, so I think I am ready to rock.

Quick question, I have a 2gb Activa SD card, but I don't think my laptop can read it directly. Can I put it in my digital camera (or old ATT Tilt cell phone) and use one of those devices as a "reader"?

Thanks in advance for the help. You might as well get prepared for several more questions from me. Until then, please help me start from the beginning.
Re: Absolute 100% newb. Where to start?
February 11, 2011 02:36AM
Follow my guide here: [wiisixtyfour.webs.com]
Yes you can use a digital camera as an SD card reader.
February 11, 2011 04:48AM
Thanks. I think I have Homebrew installed now. I don't know where to go from here, though. The Homebrew channel is present at the main menu, but nothing from there. When I choose to bootmii, the whole system freezes. Maybe I don't have everything loaded on my SD yet.

Feel free to chastize me if we are not supposed to talk about such on this forum, but I am trying to run a downloaded game. This very well may be a subject not within the scope of this forum but I have downloaded and (I think) successfully burned the .iso files for games onto a disk. I assumed I needed homebrew up and running before using that disk, but I still cannot get it to read.
February 11, 2011 05:10AM
OK. It seems I need warez package to proceed, but I am having a devil of a time finding a free download. Am I missing something or will I need to pay more money into this endeavor?

Don't be a pirate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2011 08:52AM by bg4545.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.