Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating to 4.0 problem

Posted by TudorBlue 
Updating to 4.0 problem
July 10, 2009 11:18AM
Hi, my first ever post so be gentle lol. I have used the softmii pack to softmod my wii. I am currently on 3.2e. What is the best way to update to 4.0 and still have my b ack ups work and my homebrew stuff. Thanks in advance guys
Re: Updating to 4.0 problem
July 10, 2009 01:51PM
I dont think we support Softmii here, because we dont know all that it does and part of it is probably illegal.
July 10, 2009 02:00PM
we dont support backups or softmii here, both are at best legally questionable, and at worst, outright illegal. softmii is I believe completely illegal, and beyond that, dangerous. Many bricks are caused by softmii. I read about one guy on gbafail who decided to delete IOS 60 due to softmii. idiots use it, and because they know nothing about the tools they're using, just following a guide, they will screw up and will destroy their wii.
July 10, 2009 03:51PM
well.............that went well
July 10, 2009 03:57PM
remove softmii first. it's fail. in a zip. like a bad piece of stuck together paper.. because thats all it is. full of other people fail, and other peoples win. delete all your softmii channels, go in Anytitledeleter and delete IOS 16 and/or 249, use anyregionchanger to overwrite your menu with your own (re-install) and then all(?) traces of softmii will have been removed. then just go into wii settings, the last page and update :-)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.