Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bootmii loads, nothing else

Posted by mikebpi 
Bootmii loads, nothing else
July 27, 2009 11:41PM
Originally I had an error every time I tried loading the system menu - "Your system files are corrupt." Read a few places online and was advised to just start reinstalling everything.

During my IOS downgrade something went wrong. Now I can boot into Bootmii (boot2), but trying to load the homebrew channel or the system menu just gives a simple black screen.

I do not have a good nand dump - only a dump post brick.

Am I out of luck until there is software that can run in Bootmii (MINI) to restore system files? Anyway to put my keys from my bad nand into someone elses nand?
Re: Bootmii loads, nothing else
July 28, 2009 09:37PM
You could run the cBoot2 Installer on a friend's Wii, and then take the "bootmii" folder from their SD card and copy it to yours. Also copy the startup.elf and the boot.dol located on the root of their SD card. Download IOS30 and the correct System Menu 3.2 for your region and pack them into .wad files with NUS Downloader. Boot up your Wii and WAD Manager should appear after 10 seconds. From there you can install IOS30 and System Menu 3.2.
July 29, 2009 11:25AM
Would it matter if the bootmii on the other wii is installed as an ISO as the other wii i have can not be installed as a boot2.
July 29, 2009 09:06PM
No, it doesn't matter. The other Wii doesn't even need BootMii installed to run the cBoot2 Installer.
July 29, 2009 10:54PM
I know this isn't a cboot2 forum, but there are a lot of smart people here...

I'm either close or my Wii is so bricked I'm hosed. Don't know of anyone else with a modded wii, but downloaded the "bootmii" folder of someone online claiming they have run the installer.

Followed the other cboot2 instructions as far as I know.

When I boot my wii, here is what cboot2 is putting on my screen.

IOS Version 36 v16 0x(whatever)
IOS successfully loaded.

Then nothing, nada. Just sits forever, never pulls up the WAD manager. No error message either.
July 29, 2009 11:34PM
Place the original Bootmii files on your SD card, and check the system info in the menu for NAND backup/restore. Tell us what you see. If FS usage is 3.3%, you NAND FS was probably formatted. If that happened, only a friend's NAND dump and bushing, or Nintendo can fix it. [forum.wiibrew.org]
July 29, 2009 11:52PM
Poking around my downloaded bootmii folder, I have...

armboot.bin 167KB 1/22/2009
pcboot.elf 189KB 5/28/2009

Armboot doesn't look correct. Since I'm unable to run the installer, where else can I get these cboot2 modified bootmii files?
July 29, 2009 11:56PM
yellowstar
Place the original Bootmii files on your SD card, and check the system info in the menu for NAND backup/restore. Tell us what you see. If FS usage is 3.3%, you NAND FS was probably formatted. If that happened, only a friend's NAND dump and bushing, or Nintendo can fix it. [forum.wiibrew.org]

84.4%

System menu says: unknown boot1a boot2v2
July 30, 2009 01:44AM
Download the cBoot2 Installer and copy the startup.elf and boot.dol to the root of your SD card and try again.
July 30, 2009 06:07PM
Have downloaded cboot2 from a few different sources. Have used those as well as NTSC startup.elf (the one with cboot2 is PAL).

Same results. The only possible difference is the bootmii folder. I can't run HBC so I can't run the installer myself, and the only place I've found to download the modified bootmii folder has a armboot.bin that looks suspicious. Not sure why the modified date is from January.
July 30, 2009 06:33PM
What system menu did you have? Did you try any IOS or sysmenu down/upgrading? The cBoot2 armboot.bin is just an IOS kernel downloaded from NUS, and ppcboot.elf is just a DOL loader.(Possibly with IOS reload code added I guess.)
July 30, 2009 11:14PM
I was downgrading IOS and it simply never completed. I left the thing running for like 8 hours, never finished. Restarted the Wii and I was toast. Cannot boot into system menu or the HBC.

I did have bootmii installed, however. I do not have a NAND dump. Since I cannot run the cboot2 installer I've been trying to piece together the files, but with no success yet.

When cboot2 runs I'm seeing the IOS 36 being successfully loaded, but then nothing happens.

If armboot is loading the IOS 36 from cboot2, my guess is I don't have a good ppcboot. I'm not even getting an error message from cboot2, doesn't even look like it is trying to start a DOL.
July 31, 2009 12:52AM
@mikebpi
I PMed you a link to my working cBoot2 files. The startup.elf is PAL I think, so your screen will be shaky for 10 seconds, but then WAD Manager will pop up and you won't have any problems.
July 31, 2009 10:07AM
OMG, i have the same problem. Except i didnt do anything about downgrading and all that, i just installed snes emu, gba emu, hb browser and thats it, no wads or anything else, does this means its bricked, and please help me someone, i have bootmii does that helps at all?
July 31, 2009 05:35PM
RgCz: check the system info in the menu for NAND backup/restore. Tell us what you see. You don't need to post in several topics, just create a new topic instead...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2009 05:37PM by yellowstar.
July 31, 2009 08:11PM
hello everybody,

could someone give a link to the correct wad or the files please i already try with all the games then ihave

please please please
July 31, 2009 08:32PM
cboot2 isnt supported here. I'm suprised this thread hasn't been closed.
July 31, 2009 08:42PM
St00pid mod, you're behind on reading topics.

In all seriousness: cBoot2 is not supported by WiiBrew and all discussion of it is strictly prohibited in the WiiBrew Forums.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.