Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What does "iosAlloc titles failed" means?

Posted by teeace 
What does "iosAlloc titles failed" means?
November 03, 2008 03:09PM
Hello I'm a french wii user and I have a probleme since yesterday.
When I use homebrews, every homebrews, I see the "menu" or the "welcome text" but no text.... or "choices text"
For example: when I launch Anyregion changer 1.1 I only see that after pressing 1 to continue

AnyRegion Changer 1.1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Country Codes: 1=JPN 49=USA 110=UK

And when I try to update Homebrew channel (or DVDX) I can read this : "iosAlloc titles failed" and it reboot.

Do you have any clues?

Thanks for reading
Re: What does "iosAlloc titles failed" means?
November 03, 2008 10:11PM
It means something is messed up.

Get on irc.efnet.net and send me a message. (Same goes for anyone else with this issue until we figure out exactly what is causing the issue)
November 03, 2008 10:18PM
No, don't do that. Instead, take a picture of the screen when that message comes up and post it.
November 03, 2008 10:21PM
marcan
No, don't do that. Instead, take a picture of the screen when that message comes up and post it.
Why not do both! :)
November 04, 2008 12:28AM
marcan
Instead, take a picture of the screen when that message comes up and post it.

So let's go!

In this picture of AnyRegion Changer, there is no text to choose, but you can exit, still working

Same problem in AnyTitle Deleter

In Custom IOS downgrader, available firmwares are there... invisible.... when I press down...

I get that.... but still working, I try to downgrade to V2.0E blind, works

In DVDX when I press 4 times down, I get that....

.... and that when I choose "normal Install" > the "iosAlloc titles failed" message

same "iosAlloc titles failed" message when I try to install new version of Homebrew channel

Not easy to choose your movie in mplayer when the list is invisible. But still working!

Mod edit: removed inappropriate images
Message invisible and where is my selection? Invisible too!

Mod edit: removed inappropriate images
Here is what I get when I press down.... but still working! Message during installation are invisible too.

For information I have a PAL wii V3.2E, works fine.
I manage to launch trucha signed discs.
I think that my wii tried to connect to Actvision server from Guitar Hero 4 US, failed! Next day I found the problem by launching wad manager.

WHAT IS MY PROBLEM?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2008 04:46AM by tona.
November 04, 2008 04:50AM
I had the same problem after running muzer patch for ios51 and the shop except i didnt even see the wads listed.
Then tona helped me and sended me a program that deleted ios 37 till 32 if i recall this fixed it saw all selections updated homebrewchannel without problems. so after toying around with the new homebrewchannel and all i thought to make life easier and run starfall and patch it region free, the problem came back now but i can see the wads now just like teeace same problems now.
November 04, 2008 02:32PM
Do NOT "fix it" by "doing stuff". We don't know what the hell is wrong but we certainly want to find out.

Run this and post a screenshot:
[marcansoft.com]
November 04, 2008 04:08PM
marcan
Do NOT "fix it" by "doing stuff". We don't know what the hell is wrong but we certainly want to find out.

Sure! I'm happy to be a part of "history"

marcan
Run this and post a screenshot:
[marcansoft.com]

That's it!

Is it good or is there any invisible text?
November 04, 2008 05:46PM
teeace
Is it good or is there any invisible text?
There are supposed to be tests 1-3. The problem is that it's eating *all* of the formatted prints.
November 04, 2008 06:19PM
In other words: this is no IOS weirdness, this is much greater overall system weirdness. Something is really wrong.
November 04, 2008 07:12PM
Well.... well.... I'm ready to test another marcan file ;-)
I'm happy to know that with HellsAngel we are 2 for the moment, I'm not alone!

and when DVDX installer says "Could not get preferred IOS version!" it doesn't give any clue?
November 04, 2008 07:19PM
I cannot post screenshots sorry but i have the exact same outcome as teeace.
November 04, 2008 07:24PM
the "still alive" messages are a good thing, no?
November 04, 2008 07:37PM
from what i understand what tona posted not entirely we get 5 when only 3 were expected

teeace do you happen to have a wiikey installed?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2008 07:42PM by HellsAngel.
November 04, 2008 08:41PM
no wiikey for me, just a wiinja Deluxe but that's not the problem.
November 05, 2008 09:13PM
As it turns out, this happens when you've got so many titles (VC or disc, doesn't matter) that it overflows an array. That means over 400 at least.

The only plausible explanation for that is that you're both compulsive pirates. I'm not going to waste time on this crap.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.