Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

running system 4.2 pal on an ntsc tv

Posted by shmotsauce 
running system 4.2 pal on an ntsc tv
October 17, 2009 08:44AM
hey all,

ok so i recently moved to japan from aus, and brought my pal wii with me. i had never modded it in any way before, and tried using it on a japanese tv, only to find this happening:

[www.youtube.com]

in the video, he fixes it with anyregion changer. so, i went ahead and downloaded and installed homebrew/dvdx via bannerbomb, and found that the anyregion changer came up with this error message when i tried to run it:

dentifying as SU...Error! ES_Identify (ret = -1017)
Initializing Filesystem driver...OK!
Error! ES_OpenTitleContent (ret = -1026)

so i decided to find a guide to install everything properly, and found this one:

[www.gbatemp.net]

although i cant seem to get the cboot2 file to work. the screen just turns completely black.

if anyone has any good ideas here that would be greatly appreciated, cause im completely new to this, and really dont understand most of what anyone says round here. thanks.
Re: running system 4.2 pal on an ntsc tv
October 17, 2009 09:49AM
DON'T USE SOFTMODDING GUIDES FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING. Especially when they come from GBATemp.

Srsly.

The error messages mean your IOSes don't have the bugs needed to use AnyRegion Changer. (ES_Identify, precisely)

The latest 4.2 update also seems to brick Wiis which have been region-changed, so that's really not an option. You just need to change the display mode somehow.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 09:57AM by Matoking.
Re: running system 4.2 pal on an ntsc tv
October 17, 2009 03:20PM
-_-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2009 03:21PM by Arikado.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.