Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I need my nintendo wii 4.2 unlocked!

Posted by jeremy27886 
I need my nintendo wii 4.2 unlocked!
November 03, 2009 11:43PM
I didn't know there was a jailbreak system for nintendo wii before I updated to 4.2 version if I had knowen I would never update my nintendo wii thats the same way with the apple iphone when they put in a new update they make there baseband harder to jailbreak the iphone but I do have my iphone jailbreaked and its awesome so I learned never to update my iphone firmware because they keep making the update firmwares hard to jailbreak this is my first time jailbreaking my nintendo wii never done it so if you can help one on one step by step to get this done for me please help me and thanks message me back.

regards
Jeremy
Re: I need my nintendo wii 4.2 unlocked!
November 04, 2009 12:42AM
No, we are not going to write out a step-by-step guide. You're a big boy, you can figure it out.

Goto [wiibrew.org] and start reading!
November 04, 2009 01:53AM
@jeremy27886
[www.wiibrew.org]

Arikado, you could have at least linked him to BaNnErBoMb. :P
November 04, 2009 05:35AM
is BaNnErBoMb a game I have to buy from the store?
November 04, 2009 05:40AM
Did you read the page? No, its not.
November 04, 2009 05:51AM
Do I put the the main files all the together or do I keep the certain files the folders there suppose to be in?
November 04, 2009 05:54AM
Ok please show me how to do this I don't know why its not showing up on my wii I still have the 4.2u version so please help me out I tried going by the directions and the youtube videos but the youtube videos they go to fast its hard to keep up what there doing on the screen. I just want to get my nintendo wii 4.2U Unlocked so for bugging you all I am so new this please help me and thanks for your time
November 04, 2009 06:00AM
Don't follow youtube videos.

Mmk, download Bannerbomb v2, and it should be called "private". Drag it to the root of your SD card.

Then, download the Hackmii Installer v0.6, and drag the boot.elf file to the root of your SD card.

With your SD card inserted, launch the SD card menu on your wii. It should launch the hackmii installer.
November 04, 2009 06:10AM
there should not be no folder names right just files in the root of sd right? because I tried what you told me do but my nintendo wii will not show it on the sd card
November 04, 2009 06:15AM
Yes. There is a folder. You downloaded it. Its called "private". Just follow my instructions.

The items on your SD card should be:

private
boot.elf

Make sense?
November 04, 2009 06:15AM
hey could you access to my computer and put in the files for me? i will give you access to my computer

Please
November 04, 2009 06:23AM
ok I am going to video tape my desktop show I can show you what I am doing right or wrong
November 04, 2009 06:27AM
do you have yahoo messanger so I can use mancam and show my live desktop screen and show you what I am doing so you can currect me?
November 04, 2009 06:33AM
@jeremy27886.
I gave my instructions the best I could. The HBC is probably just not for you. Sorry.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2009 06:34AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
November 04, 2009 06:45AM
Ok never mind I had it in the wrong disk but it finally came on the right sd card but now my nintendo wii freezed up what I do now?
I have my homebrew flashed to the wii now but I need some more help please help
November 04, 2009 08:45AM
On the blue bubble homebrew channel screen all I see is the homebrew channel logo at the bottom and yes I am connected to wireless high speed internet but there is no homebrew browswer how do I get them on please help me?
November 04, 2009 01:15PM
You need to download some apps. A good choice would be the Homebrew Browser, which allows you to download a large number of apps directly to your Wii. It is available here: [www.codemii.com]

To install it, create a folder called "apps" on your SD card, and then move the "homebrew_browser" folder into the "apps" folder. Next time you launch the Homebrew Channel, the Homebrew Browser should be selectable.
February 09, 2010 03:43AM
Hey, I've been having the same problems as you and I have the same 4.2 version wii you have. I have read this entire thread and followed all the steps but when I got to the sd thing on my wii, it freezes. I have the private folder, homebrew channel, and the boot.elf on my wii. what did I do wrong? I really want my wii unlocked. I was hoping that since this thread is 3 months old you might have figured this out by now but if not can someone please help? :( Feel free to email me at tropicalbeachgoddess(at)yahoo(dot)com or reply here.

Thanks,

Beth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 03:53AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
February 09, 2010 03:47AM
Have you tried every version of bannerbomb v2? Are you trying to launch it from the SD card menu?
December 24, 2010 06:49PM
i have installed hack mii installer and banner bomb and i can see the applications running with my usb and sd card ... only problem is that i want to if i can play my burned games with this thing and what are the home brew applications and where can i get them ?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.