Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

wii sd fat16 v. fat32

Posted by kidkawaii 
wii sd fat16 v. fat32
November 25, 2008 12:58AM
what i want:
to be able to install wads to the wii and copy them to the sd card for easier and faster loading (why keep installing when i could just copy what i need in a fraction the time?)

the problem:
the wii can copy wad games off the SD card and install them onto the wii hdd - but i cant copy the wads from the wii hdd back to the SD. thus, i run into the storage issue.

is there something im missing? i have it formatted to fat32 with no option to FAT it. could this even be a problem?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 01:18AM by kidkawaii.
Re: wii sd fat16 v. fat32
November 25, 2008 01:06AM
PIRATE!
November 25, 2008 01:12AM
bg4545
PIRATE!
yarg?
November 25, 2008 01:19AM
argh there be tortuga perhaps ye can get help there all ye going to get here is the black spot.
shame shame shame on you your the kind of people who make nintendo want to block homebrew
edit: you can copy wads back to the wii if you have download them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 01:23AM by hackvcs.
November 25, 2008 01:25AM
*shrug* not my concern.
despite editing my original post to hurry answers along and skip through the ever so entertaining pirate banter, no mention was ever made of illegally obtained wads or backups.

you just jumped on the bandwagon to that conclusion.
you, your the kind of people that make the gov't want to raise taxes for the education system
November 25, 2008 01:28AM
hackvcs
edit: you can copy wads back to the wii if you have download them
my concern is mostly to streamline the process. having to go through redloading the wad from the shopping channel/the slow install seems to suck the fun outta me especially when addictinggames.com is a mouse-click away..
November 25, 2008 01:29AM
Well where else are you gonna get wiiware games? and in WAD format?
But to answer your question, I think it might just be that the wads are not official
the homebrew channel copies to my FAT16 SD card...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 01:32AM by bg4545.
November 25, 2008 01:35AM
bg4545
Well where else are you gonna get wiiware games? and in WAD format?
wiishop channel

arent all the files wad format? whether downloaded from nintendo or p2p?
(i guess if the answer is no, feel free to correct my ignorance with a little political correctness/proper terminology)

edit: then it must be a fat/fat32 thing. i had no issue with my kodakSD aside from the fact its waaay to small to be useful outside my camera. i believe its fat16 soo....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 01:37AM by kidkawaii.
November 25, 2008 01:39AM
kidkawaii
wiishop channel

arent all the files wad format? whether downloaded from nintendo or p2p?
(i guess if the answer is no, feel free to correct my ignorance with a little political correctness/proper terminology)
Well actually I'm not sure, but i know (by using the FS browser) that the installed channels are not WAD files, they are .bin like when you copy it to the SD card. In order to rip WAD file, i believe you have to copy the wii's NAND and then make the WAD from the installed files

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 01:40AM by bg4545.
November 25, 2008 01:40AM
If you had legaly obtained the wads then your wii would let you copy them onto your wii because of files on your wii.
example I bought the internet channel then formated my memory and then installed the wad able to transfer the channel back and forth.
Also I believe that paying you taxes is your patriotic duty and have no qualm's of paying higher taxes for education
edit: my typing is slow because i am on my wii now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 01:43AM by hackvcs.
November 25, 2008 01:42AM
hackvcs
If you had legaly obtained the wads then your wii would let you copy them onto your wii because of files on your wii.
example I bought the internet channel then formated my memory and then installed the wad able to transfer the channel back and forth.
he wants to copy from his wii to SD card, which was FAT32 formatted
November 25, 2008 01:46AM
i dont see a problem with that. i see a problem with pirating vc and wiiware games.
i only installed the wad because i didn't know about re-download rights
November 25, 2008 01:49AM
hackvcs
i dont see a problem with that. i see a problem with pirating vc and wiiware games.
i only installed the wad because i didn't know about re-download rights
He said he didn't want to keep installing/uninstalling WADs, which implies pirated WiiWare/VC games
November 25, 2008 01:53AM
I know, I Hate piracy. the only thing i use the wadmanager for is to install ios's that I obtained from wii games that i bought.
November 25, 2008 01:58AM
I use it to try out VC injections, although I haven't done one in a while.
And now that I messed up my shop channel (using the AnyRegion Changer before Oct. 23rd Update) I can only install games I have bought with it, but i've got a pretty good selection right now =]
November 25, 2008 03:09AM
hackvcs
i thought i was clear on the fact that NOTHING copies back onto the SD.
"wads/bins", gamesaves, twilight hack, photos - none of it..
which is weird because if i throw on a game, play and save: it does it no problems..

bg4545
He said he didn't want to keep installing/uninstalling WADs, which implies pirated WiiWare/VC games
again, this is why i edited my original post.
like most, i learn correct terms by emulating keywords i read.
in this case, i use "install & uninstall" as a term for "uploading & ...well uploading" (from wii dload to sd upload to wii upload)

theres more material between the three of us on pirated software then there is on help with the problem.
let me assume that since ....one of you has no problems with a confirmed fat16 that my issue lay in the fact i cant get the thing out of fat32.

is there a program that will allow me to format into FAT? or is this entirely up to the brand/make of SD card?
November 25, 2008 03:17AM
Copy all data to your computer, as formating will erase EVERYTHING
if you are using windows, have the SD card connected, and go to My Computer. Right-click the SD drive and click Format. Choose "FAT" format
November 25, 2008 05:26AM
Is the read-only tab set on the card?
November 25, 2008 09:08AM
WADs are only used by Nintendo for Update Partition Packages--i.e. Game Channels (Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit), IOSes, and System Menu updates. That is it. Translation: You fail it. Thank you.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.