Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A couple of questions

Posted by KSDC 
A couple of questions
December 08, 2008 04:48AM
I was wondering if it was possible to install the homebrew channel installer with the twilight hack with a copied version of twilight princess without a modchip? If not, is there a way to run .elf or.dol files on the wii without a modchip?

And is it possible to play a copied game without the homebrew channel or a modchip?

Thanks and sorry if these ahve been answered before.
Re: A couple of questions
December 08, 2008 06:15AM
One more question for whoever might answer, would it be possible for someone to copy the channel from their wii and upload it so people without the game can install it? i'm not sure if this would work, but if someone confirmed that this was possible, would someone be kind enough to upload it?

Thanks
KSDC
December 08, 2008 08:35AM
I'm not going to answer the first post, because they are just stupid questions.

As for copying the channel once installed. I can copy it off my Wii for you to try and install. It will depend on what versions of IOS and the System Menu you have installed whether you are allowed to copy it back to the Wii.

If I rememeber tonight, I'll copy it and upload it somewhere
December 08, 2008 09:25AM
Thanks for answering whodares, sorry about the stupid questions, i'm kinda new to this and only found this site yesterday.
I'm not sure abut the IOS, but my firmware version is 3.2E. Hope you remember. =]
Thanks
December 08, 2008 09:40AM
That's the same System Menu I'm on, so my copy should be fine.

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, but if you think about it, Nintendo aren't just going to let you play copied games without a mod chip, otherwise piracy would be in abundance.

I bought a second hand Twilight Princess because it was cheap and let me run the hack :-)
December 08, 2008 09:53AM
no problem, i was being a bit stupid anyway. i would have bought the game if any stores near me had it in stock, but no such luck
December 08, 2008 10:23AM
whodares
As for copying the channel once installed. I can copy it off my Wii for you to try and install. It will depend on what versions of IOS and the System Menu you have installed whether you are allowed to copy it back to the Wii.

We are talking about using the system menu to copy the channel to sd card, right?
Wouldn't the channel be signed and/or encrypted witch keys only found on your wii?
Therefore it can't be copied from one Wii to another.
(Otherwise the Twilight hack would have been rather useless :D)
December 08, 2008 10:32AM
Well if thats true the i'll have to wait until twilight princess comes back in stock =(.
Its worth a try isn't it?
December 08, 2008 11:24AM
daniel_c_w
We are talking about using the system menu to copy the channel to sd card, right?
Wouldn't the channel be signed and/or encrypted witch keys only found on your wii?
Therefore it can't be copied from one Wii to another.
(Otherwise the Twilight hack would have been rather useless :D)

lol, yeah, good call. I was thinking save games. I need a holiday.

@KSDC, Do you not have a rental shop near you that has it? You only need to rent it for a night :-)
December 08, 2008 12:04PM
I guess i'll try to find one, thanks for your help anyway
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.