Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setting The Record Straight

Posted by aidanharris 
Setting The Record Straight
January 12, 2010 09:40AM
Many people have requested a wii - ds app and now i would just like to set the record straight!

It is impossible to create any sort of exploit for the ds/ds light/dsi without doing hours and hours and hours and hours (you get the idea) of coding and hacking. Also i would like to point out for you people in "dream land!" that there are better ways of doing this for example:

Use an exploit that involves an r4

Use a save game exploit

Bannerbomb

There are lots lots more ideas that are being undertaken aswell so as i said earlier you people in "dream land" dont need to worry about a thing!
Re: Setting The Record Straight
January 12, 2010 09:58AM
What's the point of this. Isn't it already stated in the Rules of this section of the forum that Wii <-> DS connectivity is impossible atm?
January 12, 2010 04:31PM
This is more of a statement then a idea or request, which places it in the wrong section as well. And one would figure if Nintendo hasnt attempted to connect the two devices through a wireless means of doing so after 2 years, then it's impossible. The differences between the two seem radical enough where Nintendo knows it cant be done, and we found that out as well. In closing, I'll stay in the rational world where we all know better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2010 04:34PM by nightwishfan1.
January 12, 2010 04:46PM
nightwishfan1
And one would figure if Nintendo hasnt attempted to connect the two devices through a wireless means of doing so after 2 years, then it's impossible. The differences between the two seem radical enough where Nintendo knows it cant be done, and we found that out as well.
Uh, nintendo has done it. Demos can be sent to the DS from the nintendo channel and some wii games can make use of a DS.
January 12, 2010 04:55PM
Yeah, it's possible for Nintendo, but not homebrew.
January 12, 2010 07:25PM
tueidj
nightwishfan1
And one would figure if Nintendo hasnt attempted to connect the two devices through a wireless means of doing so after 2 years, then it's impossible. The differences between the two seem radical enough where Nintendo knows it cant be done, and we found that out as well.
Uh, nintendo has done it. Demos can be sent to the DS from the nintendo channel and some wii games can make use of a DS.

Yeah but the common request is to link the two devices for games interaction, which hasnt been done. I already knew of demos, so I dont mention them. The above reason is why it isnt allowed. Nintendo didnt program either set of games to interact with one or the other, and they probably wont start doing so. Simple as that. I mean what you do you guys hope to accomplish by linking the systems for such a means? The games dont support it so why bother requesting it? There is no game interaction to be had from it. That's the impossible part. Whether Nintendo can do it or not is another thing. Though after two years I doubt they'll start trying to do so.

You should read into peoples comments more. I knew well enough he wanted more than demos hence why I never mentioned them.

As for aidan.....Dream land huh?? I advise you to wake up then.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2010 07:55PM by nightwishfan1.
January 12, 2010 11:46PM
Did you miss the part where I said some wii games can do what you claim is impossible? See Guitar Hero 5 for instance...
January 13, 2010 04:51PM
^^^That doesnt mean it will work for every game. In other words getting away from that limited amount of games will be next to impossible. Read more please. Linking the systems wont accomplish shit for other games. Homebrew is about getting out of the box, and this wont exactly. "Yay we can draw on Wii with pokemon and our DS stylus!!"........What about other games that dont use and for those that never will??? Wait let me guess....This will take a direction that isnt supported here. Make backups and patch them with this support and spread them on torrents right?? You dont get what it may involve to get away from that tiny little box of games that do support it do you? I gave you that answer. Unsupported means, and unneccessary hacking to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 04:59PM by nightwishfan1.
January 13, 2010 05:59PM
To be honest I don't even understand what your point is any more.
First you said the Wii and DS can't communicate at all - false.
Then you said ok the Wii can send demos but games can't communicate - also false.
Now you've gone onto something completely different and suggest I'm going to upload patched images to torrent sites. o_O
bg4545 seems to have got my point straight away - the functionality does exist, but hasn't been RE'd for use in homebrew. If you think I don't know what sort of effort it would take, you'd be wrong - my wii can talk to a GPS, can yours?
January 13, 2010 06:33PM
your wii can talk to a gps?!? did you reverse engineer that yourself? do you intend to release code/info?
January 13, 2010 11:36PM
Point and laugh everyone. Just point and laugh ...

aidanharris, you no longer have permission to post in the Ideas, Requests forum.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.