Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't play backup games,, help understanding ISO's

Posted by WiiMan649 
Can't play backup games,, help understanding ISO's
January 22, 2010 03:11PM
I'm quite new to this whole Wii hack thing and am looking for some general help on what i have done wrong. I have a 3.4U Wii that i ran the bannerbomb hack on successfully, i was able to get apps to run no problem. Next i tried to install some ISO's to get backup games to run. This is where things got a bit hairy and my general lack of knowledge blew up on me. I ran WM1.3 and installed ISO16_32, then i used another WM program that installed ISO249 or something like that. After which i tried to setup the neogamma channel which then crashed my Wii. At this point i;ve tried uninstalling HBC and reinstalling, but i can't get any of this ISO's to unistall or reinstall and it just crashes.

On the brighter side after i reinstall the HBC i can play APPS no problem and regular games. I just need a way to get this thing back to factory Wii software and start back at the start with this ISO's. Any help at all would be appreciated.
Re: Can't play backup games,, help understanding ISO's
January 22, 2010 03:29PM
No backups Roms WADs or other Warez is supported here, you will get no help on the backup launchers.
January 22, 2010 03:32PM
Hi Okay that is cool. Can someone help me with the general question of how can i get my Wii software back to original? Is there an APP out of HBC i can run to put all the IOS stuff back to its original state?
January 22, 2010 03:34PM
I think there's a NAND formatter, but you could try Dop-IOD MOD and just reinstall every IOS
you modified.
January 22, 2010 03:43PM
Great thank you, Sorry for breaking any rules here, i'm seriously so new to this i don't even understand exactly what i can post or not haha. Thanks again.
January 22, 2010 03:59PM
Well I can tell you one thing, what you did to your system already was VERY dangerous, you are lucky your wii is not bricked
January 22, 2010 05:25PM
Ya i kinda figured i lucked out a bit. My next plan is to try and run this Trucha Bug Restorer program and try and restore IOS15, and IOS36, IOS38. The DOP program is no good to me cause i don't have internet with my wii.
January 23, 2010 02:16PM
Don't use Trucha Bug Restorer. It installs patched/old IOSes, and that's not what you want.

Use NUS Downloader to get all of the latest IOSes and the latest System Menu for your region, and pack them all into WADs. (you will need the common key, I can give you that, or certain programs like CustomizeMii have you generate it) Then, use wadImport to install.
January 24, 2010 04:37PM
Please use the report button so I can get to killing these topics faster.

Thanks.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.