A (better) Touhou port for wii would be appreciated
January 23, 2010 06:35AM
First, some background info.. The Touhou series, as some may or may not know, is one of Japan's most popular computer games (at least as far as I know) and the addictive quality of the game only scratches the surface of the cultural phenomenon started by the background music as well as the storylines behind the characters. The Touhou Wiki has everything you need to know about the series.

I already found a port of a Touhou game on the Homebrew browser, but it was aweful. Not only was was it a fangame and the gameplay nothing like the real thing, but it also contained none of the great music that it is known for...

Now the first through 5th games in the series can already be played on the Wii via the pc98 emulator so there is no need to port any of those.. My strongest suggestion is to port the 8th game in the series entitled "Imperishable Night".. Not only does it have the best music in the entire series (in my opinion), but it may also be one of the last ones to provide files in the way in which it would be easier to port over.

A couple things I should point out is that the game itself involves a measly 128mb of RAM and an even more measly 16mb of VRAM making it an easy contender for the wii. And even though the game itself is half a gig in size, the actual game part is less than 50mb. The rest is all music in WAV or MIDI format.

Any program details beyond that is beyond me. Anyone who is in the mood to do a big homebrew project should definitely check out Imperishable night, find a download (full version would be nice, but trial version is okay too) and see what you can get out of it.

Disregard all that crap.. Let's just start over with a more proper request.. A "bullet hell" game with similar feel to Imperishable night with some nice music.. I can FOR SURE help with the music part (I am majoring in music ed. in college) as well as any type of graphic design needed.. I have all of the necessary tools (who doesn't i guess).. Coding wise (LIKE MANY PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD) I can't do.
All I know is that this is for sure possible seeing the many amazing things that GRRLIB has done for the homebrewers so far.

I formally and sincerely apologize for any retarded comments anyone saw before and I really didn't mean to talk so insensitively or to insult any developers. Anyway I'm like many people who need help coding because he can't code at all.

Would this be a decent request or do I really have to know code in order to speak to anyone properly?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 08:30AM by nintendude7cubed.
Re: A (better) Touhou port for wii would be appreciated
January 23, 2010 07:13AM
You do realize the wii only has 88mb of ram right. Also I can't seem to find the source code for this game. To port it you will need it's source.
January 23, 2010 07:29AM
Not only was was it a fangame and the gameplay nothing like the real thing, but it also contained none of the great music that it is known for...
[sarcasm]Well that wasn't rude to the developer at all[/sarcasm]
Seriously? If you're going to criticize the developer, why don't you try to even make the port yourself? Have you even googled to see if a port is possible? Also, the music would have to be fanmade too, because the soundtrack is mostlikely copyrighted. You should actually be willing to contribute something to your idea, rather than just tell somebody else to do everything.
January 23, 2010 07:41PM
yeah man why don't you provide something to the community before you come in here and bash the work of those that do.

And do a little homework to even know if your request is currently possible / plausible.
January 24, 2010 03:08PM
I (and several other users who reported your topic) find this topic to be very offensive and in violation of our rules for this forum: [forum.wiibrew.org]

Calm down. And try again later.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.