Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black screen on SNEEK (tried everything)

Posted by Cappo 
Black screen on SNEEK (tried everything)
March 29, 2010 06:34AM
I've managed to successfully compile SNEEK using the default settings and I'm trying to get it working with the latest Bootmii-IOS on my Christmas 09 Wii.
I removed Priiloader from the nand when I tried SNEEK.
I have all the files in the right place.
Bootmii.ini has autoboot set to 0, video mode is NTSC which is right for my TV, and autoboot to system menu

When I try:
- Using SNEEK with Bootmii nand dump method extracted with NandExtract (latest version) with 2GB SD
I get: video input detected but black screen, Wii disc slot light flickers once
- Using FS Dumper method with 2GB SD
I get: video input detected but black screen, Wii disc slot light lights up then fades
- Using any of the above methods with 4GB SDHC
I get: video input detected but black screen, Wii disc slot light repeatedly turns on and off
- Using any of the above methods with UNEEK (USB SNEEK)
I get: video input detected but black screen

I have tried all the recommended things to do with all of the methods, such as deleting shared2, clearing /00000001/00000002/data/ except for settings.txt, and waiting a long time for bootup.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2010 06:36AM by Cappo.
Re: Black screen on SNEEK (tried everything)
March 29, 2010 06:40AM
Sneek has a complicated story, that ends in "no longer supported here due to the inclusion of a USB Loader" sorry =(
March 29, 2010 06:56AM
The first time I tried SNEEK [the supported one], it was a black screen, but I tried again and it worked.. I'm not sure what caused it though.
April 02, 2010 03:59AM
I thought SNEEK was by crediar. I didn't know he supported usb loaders.
April 02, 2010 05:26AM
Yeah, I'm not too happy about that either. One of the most useful programs, especially for people with newer wiis that can't install Bootmii as boot2, and it has a USB loader. Even programs with primarily legitimate uses can now be used for piracy.
April 03, 2010 05:08AM
Exactly, personally, I support USB Loaders, however, they have the issue of being able to be used for piracy =(
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.