Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preventive Actions

Posted by beholder 
Preventive Actions
May 10, 2010 04:12PM
All the people comming to this forum usually came with problems.
I just buy a wii, with chip, System Menu 4.2U, the HBC installed and Neogamma r7 autoboot laucher.

I want to take all the preventive actions to fully using my wii without fear of getting briked and/or in case the console get briked have all the tool so succefully recover it from that.

So I guessing.

1) Install the BootMii as Boot2 and make a Nand Dump to recover apears to be the best way to fix the WII if is briked ! , Correct?

2) The wiki said "WiiBrew recommends that you do not update your Wii through Nintendo."
I've heard some tales about updates being installed from Nintendo without user inteaction. I also have children in my house that use the wii, and i fear that they press the "Upgrade" option. So for this time on i've my internet setting under parental control and internet conection Disabled.

Is there any way to prevent that, adding to the wi fi router/firewall, some rules like blocking ports or IP, so i can conect the Wii to the internet without fear of being updated from Nintendo.?

I think If we took those two steps and keep the Wii updated from games from the same region my WII will be fully operative and without fear of briking.

Regards
Re: Preventive Actions
May 10, 2010 04:49PM
You should install bootmii as boot2. If boot2 is not an option, install as ios- be sure to make a nand backup from boot2.

You should install priiloader, and enable block disk and online updates.

It is also good to install Indiana PWNS and patch your system ios.

Other than common sense, there is not much else you can do. Don't uninstall ios, or your system menu.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2010 04:52PM by mauifrog.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.