Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDx not working - won't play movies or burnt DVDS

Posted by gilgilmour 
DVDx not working - won't play movies or burnt DVDS
June 20, 2010 12:55AM
I Installed the hackmii installer v0.6. The homebrew channel works fine, but I can't get my wii to read any disks other than the original purcahsed wii games. Everything else comes up as unrecognizable.

My wii has the 4.2 system update, but the machine itself is 2 and a half years old. I've read many of the posts on this forum, but my newbness prevents me from understanding how to get rid of stubs, patches, etc.

For burning, I've been using good quality DVD -R and IMG burn and IMG burn says they are successful. I've been trying for weeks to get this to work, but can't figure it out.

Any ideas?
Re: DVDx not working - won't play movies or burnt DVDS
June 20, 2010 01:29AM
Some applications have dropped support for DVDx and now require cIOS 202 instead. I recommend you install cIOS 202 and use WiiMC to play DVDs. However, if you are looking for a media player that does support DVDx, use MPlayer CE.
June 20, 2010 07:24AM
You're not trying to play copied Wii games are you?
June 20, 2010 02:13PM
He just said he is.

@gilgilmour: You do realize that you agreed not to talk about attempting to run copied disks, correct?
June 20, 2010 08:05PM
It does seem that way.

@gilgilmour - If you were talking about something a little more legal like burnt home movie DVD's then you should have made it clearer.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.