Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DVDX not reading DVD's.

Posted by smashdude 
DVDX not reading DVD's.
June 29, 2010 02:00AM
Hello since this is included in the homebrew setup I decided to post this here. I have downloaded the homebrew channel using system menu 4.2 and have soft-modded and installed all CIOS without a problem (not going to discuss this in detail as it will get me banned as said by the rules of the forum). Anyways I have downloaded the media players and have tried playing DVD's on it and it says "error invalid DVD". Can somebody please explain this to me? I don't know what to do now. I installed DVDX and enabled the DVD read channel in the priiloader. I want to play DVDs on my wii badly and I do not want to discuss anything related to the forum rules as it will in fact get me banned forever.
Re: DVDX not reading DVD's.
June 29, 2010 12:00PM
Just mentioning "all CIOS" could get you killed over here. Also, the "all" makes me think you did something stupid already, as the "stuff we don't talk about" only needs 1 as far as I understood. So I guess you messed up your wii with something like iosCRAP already, overwriting all your IOSes with stupid versions.

Anyhow, DVDx only works for older Wiis, your Wii might be to new. You also need the right kind of DVDs:
[wiibrew.org]

Also, DVDx is mostly replaced by the IOS202 found at WiiMC: [www.wiimc.org] which is what is recommended as wii media player.
Re: DVDX not reading DVD's.
June 29, 2010 04:19PM
Alright they banned that account so no more talking about you know what. Anyways I have done everything you told me already but not the "all" part you were referring to.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.