Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Did I get scammed?

Posted by tamiron 
Did I get scammed?
August 30, 2010 06:18PM
I went to a gaming shop in order to hack my Wii device, so that it could read burned DVDs.
The man at the shop said to me before starting to work on it, "Let's see if it can read burned discs". He said that even with hacking, not any device can read burned discs.
He started to hack my device, and after like 15 minutes he finished... He tried to run a burned DVD and there was an ERROR message.
So he concluded that my device can't read burned discs, and that the only option for gaming for me would be using exterior hard disc which contains the games.
My device is WHITE, if someone asks. v4.2
Did that man scammed me or something? Because this story sound a bit fishy to me.
Re: Did I get scammed?
August 30, 2010 07:03PM
Warez/Backups/Piracy is not supported in these forums. So you will not get any help here for your illegal purposes. If you want to play Wii games, BUY them!

And FYI, the man did not scam you. Eventhough his illegal operations (softmodding a Wii to enable it to load backups and charging for that) don't say the best things about him, it looks like he knows what he is talking about. The DVD unit included with newer Wii models can not read writeable DVD's, only old Wii's were capable of doing so. This is one of the measures Nintendo took in order to prevent piracy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2010 07:04PM by Axel.
Re: Did I get scammed?
August 30, 2010 09:02PM
Read the rules.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.