Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Virtual/Emulated DVD Disc Drive?

Posted by gooberman 
Virtual/Emulated DVD Disc Drive?
December 29, 2008 05:34PM
With the Wii's Support for external hard-drives, would it be possible to create a channel or software to emulate the Wii DVD drive (such as Daemon Tools on the PC), theoretically then ISO images could be mounted from the USB external drive to the emulated drive and launched via backup loader gamma or other such loader? thus reducing the need for burning to DVD-R and easier creation of Backups.

I used to be a coder back in the day (and I'm talking way back - ZX80, ZX81, VIC=20, C64 etc.) but you homebrew guys are quite some of the cleverest people on the planet and my hat is taken off to you all.

anyways would love to hear if this has already been touted, started on etc etc etc.

Happy New Year to all

Gooberman!
Re: Virtual/Emulated DVD Disc Drive?
December 29, 2008 05:37PM
Read the forum rules. No backup talk on this forum. I'd like this topic to be locked, because the only reason you suggest that your idea would be useful for is backups.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2008 05:38PM by Arikado.
Re: Virtual/Emulated DVD Disc Drive?
December 29, 2008 05:45PM
Point Noted Arikado and Moderators please delete this thread, I also would have thought that this would aid in the development of software for use within the Homebrew community. but I could see how this could aid in the piracy and illegal usage of images.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.